1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : Movie animator charged with beating dog

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ohmidog!

ohmidog! CH Dog

A 40-year-old DreamWorks animator – one who worked on animal-themed children’s movies such as “Kung Fu Panda” and “Madagascar 2″ —  has been arrested on an animal cruelty charge after a surveillance video taped him beating a neighbor’s muzzled dog with a hammer.

Young Song pleaded not guilty in court yesterday and faces a preliminary hearing next month. He allegedly climbed a fence into a neighbor’s yard in Pasadena. Surveillance camera video shows the 16-month-old dog being beaten but does not reveal what Song did with the dog.

Authorities say the dog is missing and presumed dead.

Song was being held on $40,500 bail, according to authorities, according to the Los Angeles Times.

“When our officers first viewed the videotape, one of our officers had tears in his eyes. He’d never seen anything like this before,” said Steve McNall, who heads the Pasadena Humane Society and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. “In my 31 years at this animal shelter I’ve never seen anything like this.”

McNall’s agency, which is licensed to investigate crimes involving animals, is conducting the probe. It made the arrest in conjunction with Pasadena police.

According to authorities, the suspect shot the dog with a pellet gun, then returned with a hammer and began chasing and striking the defenseless animal until it lay senseless.

The Times reported that Young works as a “surfacer,” an artisan who creates the look and surface qualities for animated characters, props and environments. Young’s credits on animal-themed films also include “Shark Tale” and “Bee Movie.”

The motive for the attack is not clear. “It might have originated as a barking issue, a noise issue, and then escalated into something else,” McNall said.

If convicted, Song could face more than four years in prison, the district attorney’s office said.

More...

2. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Is it just me or is it ironic they can't find the dog and this dude is Asian. Way to keep the stereotype alive bro.

3. jangspitz

jangspitz Pup

Lol he ate it.

4. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

he should be happy its not someones dog like mine. I would do a # on that muther#####. What a piece of shit! He would be worth doing time over. Poor puppy, what a way to die

5. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Dog was muzzled, why? It said motive for attack was not clear so they have to guess and say it could of orginated from a noise issue....Maybe the dog bit the asian guy? So in turn he probably wanted to get back at the dog and when he seen the dog was muzzled and couldnt bite him anymore he figured this was his chance for revenge. Media likes to cover one sided story. Seek the truth.

You see these type of media articles like to pluck on your emotional heart strings to blind you from the truth. For example why did they have to write about a cop crying for a dog , what did that have to do with the report?? LOL I bet the cop seen alot of dead human bodies , killings of humans etc...and didnt cry for them but for he cried for a dog? GTFOH with that crap LOL.

$40.500 bail for a dog? If convicted more then 4 years in prison? Damn a drunk driver can hit another persons car killing 1-2 people and get less then 1-3 years in jail.

6. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

It was a Humane Society officer, not a police officer.

Also, if a dog bites you, it's being a dog. You don't take "revenge" on a dog. A dog doesn't know any better. If the dog bit him it should have been put down, not mercilessly beaten to death. He deserves the trouble he's in.

I agree that the dog was probably some manner of troublemaker though, as it was muzzled.