1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : Man wrestles ?roo to save his dog, Rocky

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ohmidog!

ohmidog! CH Dog

[​IMG]It may not look like it, but Chris Rickard, a farmer in Australia, said the fight he put up to save his dog from an angry kangaroo that was trying to drown it, ended in a draw.

Rickard, 49, said he was walking his blue heeler Rocky on Sunday morning when they surprised a sleeping kangaroo in Arthur’s Creek, northeast of Melbourne. The dog chased the animal into a pond, where the kangaroo then turned and pinned the pet underwater. Rickard dove in and tried to pull his dog free, but the kangaroo turned on him, too.

Rickard said he managed to end the attack , and save his dog, when he elbowed the kangaroo in the throat as it tried to hold him under water, The Herald Sun reported.

“I thought I might take a hit or two dragging the dog out from under his grip, but I didn’t expect him to actually attack me,”*Rickard said. “I was stuck having to hold onto the dog with both hands because it was half drowned and I couldn’t really see anything because the kangaroo just ripped into me.”

You can see a video of Rickard, recounting the incident from his hospital bed, here.

(Photo via Herald Sun)

More...

2. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

He's a lucky boy, Roos are crazier than a schizophrenic jacked up on pcp if you scare them or they're hurt. Got scars on my knee to prove the theory :(