1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : Former Vick dog Gracie dies

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Question, so if those deformities effect those Bulldogs athleticism, how would it not effect a game dog???? That's thevquestion and confusion.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

No matter the circumstances I understand it's sometimes difficult to look at the other side as being correct. But when you have other folks with as much experience as some of these people all trying to get you to understand your way isn't the right way "in dogs", you have to eventually start listening. There's people on here who's been in dogs longer than you and I both have been breathing. Have to learn to be quiet and listen to those folks. With all due respect.

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I'm sort of shocked that after my latest post, the next thing I see is in reference to DEFORMITIES......AGAIN! Please. Can we not differentiate the two (deformity and variances within the norm)? And stop using deformity as example for anything?

4. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

G4G what deformities? His slightly bowed legs or the bullies completely deformed front end?
    I guess you'd have to see the top dog in front of you to understand it fully. That dog might not clear as much ground as say a rangier dog in a full run or be able to jump as high as the rangier dog, but that doesn't mean its not an athletic dog in its own right or that it can't run or jump at all...
    The bottom dog cannot do any of what I just said, at all. See how they differ even though one is not completely perfect to you?

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.out of certain lines,,to-day..have seen a lot more deformanites due to too much in-breeding..as compared to yesteryear..which we know is the time to put something fresh in..???..seen long dogs/short legs/etc(remind me off old badger trial dogs long+short)??.. i seen a-lot off it in is his hero's...tg..as said before i don't think thats tg's fault,,it's other peoples as when they get them they try and tighten on what they got..instead i would try adding new and get your own blend...???..don't have to be to new/etc...

6. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Yes I see how they differ, and I see one is slight, the other is major. Add a 3rd dog to the equation that's perfect, would he by percent or logical thinking given the variances between the other to be a more able bodied athletic specimen whom could run faster or jump higher? And TDK man, I'm sorry. I guess its my version of deformity may vary from yours given the field in in "slight" is still considered deformed. Why? If it's not "normal" bone structure it is what? Deformed. That is text book medical. That's my confliction. It's not your lack of explaining or experience. But you have to understand, your going against everything I've known for 20yrs, that has been pounded in my head, that I've seen to be true in humans with my own two eyes. Those things make me one of the very best at my profession. Experience and understanding in my field is key just as its key to you in these Bulldogs. Your the best at what you do with these Bulldogs, I'm the best at what I do with humans. So there is the conflicting issue, our experiences clash in that aspect. I do respect you and doing my best to understand you. But it's like telling a bird not to fly, that's all he knows.

7. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

I very much agree with creating space in a animal bred as tight as TG breeds them. This Double bred croc pup for instance. He needs a out. Or atleast something from way back in his pedigree.

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..maybe ya applying one way of thinking to two compleatly different things..in strange i do see some off what your trying to say...lets say we have two litter brothers acting the same way...one bowed a bit at the front ,curl tail/etc...his brother a great looking dog,,deep chest /beautiful size....both as good as the other...well ...which ya gonna go for to breed off,,,well so would most any-body,,...just that nothing is the norm in this game..when looking for gamedogs

9. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Didn't you say "breed the breaks of them sounds like a peddlers statement"?????
    Yet, you repeatedly keep talking about what TG does.

10. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

signing out..wonder how far this gonna go 2-morrow....have good nite all...lol

11. Augustus

Augustus Big Dog

I think Vick would be proud of Gracie 290 post on Game Dog in her memory.

12. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

correct, that is exactly what's taking place. One way of thinking on two different subjects causing misunderstanding. As much as I'm misunderstanding your logic with Bulldogs your probably not fully understanding mine as their two seperate logic in two seperate fields or whatever you choose to call it. So I agree.

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

G4, I'm stating, and trying to widen your vision of what is within normal variance and what is deformity. That's all. Not every example or individual of ANY one specie are built or formed exactly the same. Please take a look at an entity such as the NFL. There are slightly bow legged running backs, tall, thin wide outs and both tall and slender tight ends as well as thicker and bulkier tight ends. QB's are not nearly all built the same. Linemen on both sides of the ball look anywhere from quite large yet fit, to big, bulky and pretty fat in the gut and the ass. Yet premier players at each and all of those positions can be and are pro bowlers. All stars. They come in all shapes and sizes. But they are within at least SOME sort of what is considered NORMAL. People with actual deformities won't be considered for such activities and they aren't part of the conversation when naming one's favorite players or talking about how good a player is. They are JUST NOT IN THE EQUATION of the subject. This is what I'm trying to stress.

Dogs too, of all abilities, inherent qualities and prowess of one kind or another, even many qualities, come in all sizes and shapes. These dogs express what is WITHIN them. The will to do so, also comes from within. And as I gave as example in an earlier post......History itself will show you and everyone else that great dogs throughout time defy your theory of structure being so meaningful.

14. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I'll coin one for you...................There is no dog that can be perfect in how it looks.......................because what would make them perfect just IS NOT IN how they look.

15. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

There is no 3rd dog that is perfect in every way. That doesn't exist. Also these dogs job is not to run and jump lol and if they do no way in hell they get bred!
    Its very naive of you to think that his dogs are bred as tight as he claims they are...

16. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Thanks for the explanation TDK. And Pookie, how is that naive? Paper hanging? What if the dogs in question of paper hanging is not in the first 3-4 generations of your ped? I mean, this croc pup is obviously tight. He's double bred. Why would I further inbreed at this point with him?

17. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

I wouldn't really put much into worrying about dogs that aren't in the first 4 gens, there could be a dalmation in the 5th gen and it honestly wouldn't really effect much if a the others were up to par. Jmo though.
    That's up to you if you want to further inbreed or line breed or whatever. I am sure he is bred tight, but I doubt he is quite as tight as you think, but there really is no way to know seeing as neither one of us bred him or the dogs behind him

18. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

19. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Doesn't look too tight to me. Its tight but not omg thats crazy tight lol.
    Not really a dog I'd be interested in though, so idk that you'd care what I think lol

20. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Regardless of what we think or how we feel about each other that is a well bred dog n while not the tightest bred he is tight enough on that blood to call for an out to bring some diversity..just don't pull it back into the little gator stuff. That's my opinion for what it's worth..nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.