1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : Former Vick dog Gracie dies

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

G4, the scenario I punched up really has nothing to do with say, 2 littermates, both equal in all ways yet one is built better. If you breed in such a way, you are NOT doing what I was alluding to, as you would NOT be veering from the core of the dogs......gameness. My thoughts related to the continuum of focus which has been the core of what these dogs are for centuries. The OTHER scenario (the one you used as example) has nothing akin to what the crux and subject message of my post was, and nothing would be wrong with your doing such, IMO. It's the RE focus, AWAY from the focus of gameness, superseded by another or random focus that I am talking about. You sort of threw apples into the oranges there. LOL Two different kettles of fish. Making a choice between two game dogs, equal in all other departments is a mere choice, given that gameness is the criteria....the focus. And since you know not how either will produce until you breed both, nor do you know what body types they will throw, I suggest you breed both game dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...i think m-coy..was asking a Q..ing..that relates to turning ones head from the core,..tdk..ie:..someone who has had a gap between keeping active- dogs from the 70's-late 80's..till modern day 2010-14..he noticed less game dogs ratio to litters...ie; he got more back in 70/80's..now the bitch+the dog would be off good to very good/top quality..off whats around to-day..what he saying is lets say out off six pups,,he would get poss 4out6, good prospects,a cold dog would be rare,,,where as to-day out off the same number he be lucky to get 2,,more cold+cur,,now looking back(at their peds) he thinks many now are to quick(breeding)..with what they think is the way ahead..is the quality suffering..???..yes he thinks there is a lot more hard,great abilty/etc..but out off these type litters there seems to be less game animals..like we have to sacrifice one thing for the other.(or did we).and getting the balance with out loseing the core is getting harder these days..???..a cold dog to him for example was one very-very rare....so it is very important to stick to the core as tdk say's..he thinks true there a lot more good/great dogs these days,,but also 100 times more thrash to dig threw...in short, game dogs were more easy to get out off a breeding yesteryear,,,,than to-day...??????????food for taught

3. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

If I had two game litter mates, I'd breed the brakes off both and continue on lol screw which one was prettier outside, they are both beautiful inside where it counts!

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

4. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

And the post above is just my point. That's why we are flooded with deformed Bulldogs and have a crap load of Bulldogs in the pound and being put to sleep daily. The selectivity process is lacking, they game? "Breed the breaks off of them". Who cares they look like a sloth and bone structure of a praying mantis or health of a snail laying in a salt bath. And "breed the breaks" off of them. That sounds like a peddler statement. Just saying, why breed the breaks off any dog. It's not on the endangered species list by any means. Especially with a selectivity process like that and breeding the breaks off of them.

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

lol NO, what sounds like a peddler statement is you when you said that if you were B Davis' grandson you'd be "lining my pockets with green backs" LOL

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Its you who does not understand where we are coming from. If one is breeding based on performance is a bow legged dog a deformed dog? It will all depend if or how much that deformity affects the performance of said dog. A severly bow legged dog could effect there performance more so then a slightly bow legged dog but what you dont seem to realize is that form follows function and if that dog cant PERFORM/FUNCTION right it usually gets culled. You see there is a big difference in a deformity and different types of body structures. The only time doggers actual care about a dogs conformation is IF IT AFFECTS/HINDERS there performance. If it does NOT affect or hinder there performance then we dont give a fuck about how the dog looks like conformation wise. To actually know if one dog is slightly physically better then another is too see its PERFORMANCE.

CONFORMATION PEOPLE GO ONLY BY LOOKS.

DOGMEN GO BY PERFORMANCE AND EVERYTHING ELSE FALLS INTO PLACE. We dont base shit on the way a dog looks, its all predicated on there PERFORMANCE.

If you dont get it by now you probably never will LOL.

Hence why I only have performance chihuahuas which are professional ankle biters LMAO.

7. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Flooded with deformed bulldogs? Where?
    I am sorry to tell you but no real bulldogs get put in the pound and if they do they have just been confiscated in a raid.
    You'd understand how flawed your assumption is if you knew what it takes to prove a dog breeding worthy...but I can't learn that for you so...
    Again you are ASSUMING if a dog is game it's only that or that its so deformed it looks like it lived under Chernobyl lol.
    Breeding the hell out of game dogs sounds like a peddler statement? Guess that's something only a TG dick rider would say :O
    I'll breed the shit out of any dog I want, not like they leave my yard lol
    And again, the true bulldog is a rarity, but I can't do anything to help you understand that, I guess you think they grow on trees or something *shrugs*

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...it's not really to do with the conformation as i+others said,,and ya said ya know this it was/is important to breed true gamedogs,and if they had good confo;deep chest/long winded/good muscle tone sure that might be a plus..it might help..years ago a friend had a small squat bitch front bowed ,she produced out every litter she had..one son was twice her size,good conformation..and if you saw him you would not think he came from her,,in essence..a good dog can come from places you think they should'nt..even ugly one's win....as said "NO CONFORMATION FOR A GAME DOG" and if you think you can put one on gameness....that will be when pigs fly...

9. treezpitz

Great posts TDK and Saiy.

This conversation brings to my mind when you watch frio boys yard video he says about his one dog that his buddy said that if they entered him into a conformation show and he was the only dog, he still wouldn't place lol. But then he quickly said, "but conformation is the last of our worries"

Truth he spoke

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I'm not sure why obvious deformities keeps getting thrown into the subject of varied body types. Is there confusion as to which is which? Severely bow legged? Seriously out hocked? Seriously weak ass end? Bad bone assembly? What do these things have to do with a performance animal within the NORMAL and varied range of structures? NOTHING.

11. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Great post Saiy

12. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

See this is where 15yrs in the medical field conflicts. And I guess that may be the problem for my lack of understanding. In humans, function is effected my form. Meaning if it's deformed, it can't possibly have no side effects. Especially long term. So the confusion is, how does that same principle apply to every living creature including ourselves, but Bulldogs. Can you see why it does not make sense for me? I mean you do not have X-Ray eyes. None of us do. Lord knows I wish I did but still lol. When a bone is deformed in humans, it causes strain on everything attached to it. 100% of the time. And it may not present itself till later in life. But humans can say hey this isn't right. Dogs cannot. So, you may never notice that the site in question is only being used at 76% of its potential. Make sense?

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

work pictures 1252.jpg ..this uncorformation produced in every litter..even with the big ears....

14. treezpitz

wiscobully - We see you hanging out, what are your thoughts on this subject?

15. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

I'm saying a obvious visual bone deformity TDK. And in my field, even slight is considered a deformity. If it's not the "normal range" it is deformed. That's my confusion.

16. treezpitz

Good looking dog, Blue!

17. treezpitz

I'm glad you're using terms like "in humans" and "in my field" and "i'm confused", sounds like you're starting to admit your thinking isn't correct after all. You're coming around, good for you.

18. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

The problem is he is confusing this

[​IMG]

For this

[​IMG]

In his posts...

19. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

You do realize your trying to erase everything I know and seen with my own two eyes with the body and that was pounded in my head for the last 20yrs in my profession to be untrue and doesn't apply to just "Bulldogs" right? Can you see my dilemma?

20. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...tanx...t-pitz...and the only confirmation ya needed from her ,she gave birth to it..lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.