1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : “I’m going to gut this thing,” Baltimore cop allegedly said before slitti

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ohmidog!

ohmidog! CH Dog

A Baltimore City police officer has been charged with slitting the throat of a dog that had been running loose — even though the dog had already been restrained.

“We have no words to describe this. To say that we are appalled at this allegation is an understatement,” Baltimore police Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez said.

Officer Jeffrey Bolger has been charged with felony animal cruelty, police officials announced Wednesday afternoon.

Police were called Saturday morning to Grundy Street in southeast Baltimore for a report of a stray dog that had bitten someone trying to rescue it.

Police had secured the dog using a catch pole, but after that Bolger, an officer assigned to the emergency services division, used a knife to cut the dog*s throat, police said.

“Unfortunately, at some point after the dog was contained, one of our officers used a knife and cut the dog*s throat. This is outrageous and unacceptable breach of our protocol,” Baltimore police Deputy Commissioner Dean Palmere said.

WJZ in Baltimore reported that charging documents quote Bolger as saying, “I*m going to gut this thing.”

The dog later died.

Police officials said they knew of no reason for the officer to use such force on a dog that was already under control.

The dog had run off from her home nearby. She was a 7-year-old shar-pei named Nala, whose owner was searching for her and had posted her pictures on a community Facebook page.

“She was just the sweetest dog and would never hurt anyone,” Sarah Gossard told 11 News. “She was just scared that day and through all of those events — scared and lost, thirsty, hungry — yes I*m very sure that she bit someone, but the actions after that were not OK,” the dog*s owner,

Bolger been suspended without pay.

“I don*t want him to have his job, I don*t want him to be able to go out on calls and react like that to a person, to a dog, to anything. That*s not OK, that*s not OK,” Gossard said.

An investigation into the incident will also look at other officers who, though aware of what happened, had not reported it,.

Police commanders said they “caught wind of it Monday” — two days after Nala was killed.

More...

2. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Re: OHMIDOG! : “I’m going to gut this thing,” Baltimore cop allegedly said before sl

Completely unnecessary.

3. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

Re: OHMIDOG! : “I’m going to gut this thing,” Baltimore cop allegedly said before sl

typical fuzz behavior.

4. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

The power goes to their heads.