1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Off the top of your head...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by misterdogman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

Some brazilian guy was trying to talk to me about dogs a while ago, he was talking about some type of white dog. I didnt understand at first because our spanish is so far apart, but he said the dogo something. The dogo argentino i think, is their a brazilian fighitng dog?

2. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

From what I understand about Tosas they where not really bred as a fighting dog until the British started crossing Mastiff into them. Before they were more of a hunting dog like the Akita.

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Possibly so, I thougt it was strange for there to only be 3 but thats what I keep finding when I search... so if someone else find good info out in internet land post it up...

4. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

Does anyone have pictures of these breeds mentioned?

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

"Akitas were orignially developed as fighting dogs during the Tokugawa Period (1603-1925)." www.bulldoginformation.com They soon fell out of favor as other breeds were devloped (crossbred b/n different breeds) & were then used as hunting dogs. This site & www.moloss.com are great informational sites. And if Shar Peis weren't faught, then how did pictures of them fighting come about? Staged?

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

No No No Shar-peis were and are fought as well as Akitas but on the list I read they were not counted because of there supposed first purpose ...the breed never changed or evolved very much like the Gamedog... according to historians the Gamedog did therefore becomeing a new breed soley for fighting other dogs...so this is why the GDs bullbaiting history has nothing to do with its fighting future after it evolved and was bred for that intended purpose...I think more internet research will prove this wrong but like a wiseman told me one time... the only thing historians ever agree on is that the other guy is wrong

7. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

Someone(well actually it was a breeder) told me that Boston Terriers were used in the pit to fight..can someone confirm this?

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Lots of terriers were tested to see if they made good pit dogs...The Bedlington Terrier and Patterdale Terrier are a couple as well as some Irish Terriers like Glenn of Imall Terrier and the White Terrier which has been rumored to begin in Ireland and have a hand in the Gamedogs history..before going to England...As far as the Bostons I never heard of them having a go at it???

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Do you agree about the Bully Kutta & the Gull Terr, or are those dogs p*ssies as well?

Then, my good sir, I respectfully agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2005
  11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

No, I heard of them being used for fighting..but I never heard they recieved any time being bred for that sole purpose but I am doing research as we speak...To see what we can find.

12. Presa Canary don't know if that's how you spell it was breed to fight also protect. They are known as the Cane Island fighting dog.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

really...I read they originated to work/protect...see how things vary...I found this cool site but its on my other windows ID...let me switch and I will post it real quick.