1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ode To Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Attila, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Attila

Attila Guest

Ode To Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

Dear friends,

Another great Dogman has departed for Heaven. My long time friend, mentor, comrade, Brother, Fellow man of God, Living legend, loved by many, friend to all has passed on to be with the Lord. I cannot put into words the empty feeling I have or that his family and other friends must have as well. Yet I will try. Ya'll may know him only by "Texas Pit Dogs" to me he was a great friend and more Brother Dave Lewis passed on to be with the Saints in Heaven last night peacefully in his home. 11/15/2006 at 80 years of age. He had spent most of his life with our beloved breed. A veteran of war for our country. I devoted man of Christ. Father, Brother and mentor of many. He is now with his beloved wife. Dear God I pray for comfort for his family. In my soul I know he is in a better place. But in my heart is a deep sorrowful pain for now. I morn my friend and mentor. I have written this message before I posted it as not to flood his message box for he is not on the receiving end of it. I kindly ask that you pray for his family that they find comfort in his passing and going on to the Great yard in Heaven. Where the Bulldogs are plenty and never pass. I will be posting this message upon the time I am sent word of date, time and place of his funeral. I urge those that can come to do so as he was a great man and friend to all he met. I know that he was also respected and loved on this site even before I was urged to join. Ya I was reluctant to join an internet site. I am glad I did because I also have made a great many friends that I would have never known of otherwise in my closed little world and circle. I was to spend next week with his family at his home in West Texas. Now I will but not for the same reason. Not totally I will be missing my dear friend. Yes I know it is hard to take as I was just talking to him about an hour before he passed. Shows us we never know the day,time or hour that our time will be up. Just as we were making plans for a feast and fellowship and more years to go. He even requested that I bring him a dog and that I was going to do.
    Now he gets to enjoy the fruits of the Spirit and Be in the company of our Lord. What a glorious time that must be for him. No more sickness no more pain. He and his wife together again. Surrounded by dogs past and all the rest of the family that went there before him. A glorious day indeed for my dear friend. That is the comforting thoughts that his family, and us as his friends must have. Though I cry I know he is in a much better place. With no stinking BSL haunting his every day. Another dogman safe from the ever annoying stench of liberal AR folks messing with our rights. I hear his chuckle at the thought of that. Can't chase me no longer. Oh what a joy.

I bid him good bye for now. But he will be there when I get there.

God Rest his Soul,

William

2. hillbilly

hillbilly Big Dog

Re: Ode To Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

a great loss,r.i.p.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Very sad.... Rest In Peace, Sending good thoughts to his family :(

2 people like this.
  4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Oh boy Tex. I was notified about 30 mins ago and was hoping it wasnt true, was a mistake, until I was sent this link. You are one the fellows I was really looking forward to meeting in July, I'm convinced we will still meet up, but it may be some time longer then I expected. Then again, it could be tomarrow. Whenever the day comes, we will share a glass of shine, and pat our favorite dogs on the head for the rest of eternity. Your in a better place, and although it pains me to think of your passing, I know you went out like a bulldog. You never let on your ailments, nor asked for any form of help. You stuck your head down, and did what had to be done, and cared for what is worth caring for. It was nice to know you Dave, take it easy up there.

MR BIGGS likes this.
  5. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

We will keep his family and friends in our prayers. I am sorry to hear of this loss.

1 person likes this.
  6. Marty

Marty Guest

Man, this cuts very deep, he was a great man, RIP my brother :(

7. Suki

Suki Guest

Tex, my "friend", you will be missed... in many, many ways...

TY for all your wonderful stories, and delightful PM's=I will miss them, ...:(
    I will not mourn, any more, I've no tears left, ...but look forward to "chatting", again. one day.:)
    you are once again with your wife, and happy, as I know how much you missed her.

and to your family and friends: I am truly sorry for your loss. May peace find its way to you all.
    RIP, "Tex" :) ...save me a seat!

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I am totally at a loss for words. I truely loved that man, and respected him, and cant but feel, selfishly, a loss personally, to the bulldogs, and to this site. You are so right, none of us have a clue when we will be taken. I am quite sure that he is in total bliss being in the presense of Jesus, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". He had invited my family an I to have thanksgiving with him also. I just feel loss. Reaffirms the fact that we must take advantage of every opportunity we have.

I too pray that his family may find peace in this hour of loss. I know he passed on a legacy of strength and faith to his children and grand kids.

I was thinking the other day how we needed to have a sitdown with him and a voice recorder and put it all on paper, now his memories are lost to us!! Such a loss.

William, thank you so much for posting this.

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Is there anything that needs to be done for his family? I will do whatever I'm capable of doing. Just let me/us know, and its done.

10. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

RIP Tex. You will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

11. Attila

Attila Guest

Rock,

I will post more when his daughter Jessica contacts me again. He had great grandchildren too. It was his grandson that found him. I passed from natural causes heart failure. His legs and back were bothering him so he got into the hot tub to relax and just went on to be with the Lord in peace. The family is scattered about the country so she said it will be a few days before they get together and figure out the date. I know that she is busy so I will call the two funeral homes in the morning to see which he is at and try to get some details. I will post what I find and leave for West Texas most likely. I hope that his grandson will stay on at the farm and keep the dogs and animals. He has been a great help to Dave the past year or so. I would like to send a nice arrangement of flowers or more. I have room in the car if some one wants to ride with me. If not that is fine I will represent the group. Thank you all for your kind words for our friend. I will pass them along to the family. Happy Bulldoggen to my dear friend. He will be waiting on us. Much love to my friends. He loved this site and the friends he got to meet. Be blessed.

12. truegames

truegames Big Dog

Im very sorry to hear this I'll really miss reading his post and hearing his opinion on how things are done these days. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family and friends.

1 person likes this.
  13. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

The Onward Trail -James Whitcomb Riley

Just as of old,- with fearless root
    And placid face and resolute,
    He takes the faint, mysterious trail
    That leads beyond our earthly hail.

We would cry, as in last farewell,
    But that his hand waves, and a spell
    Is laid upon our tongues: and thus
    He takes unworded leave of us.

And it is fitting:- As he fared
    Here with us, so is he prepared
    For any fortuning the night
    May hold for him beyond our sight.

The moon and stars they still attend
    His wandering footsteps to the end,-
    He did not question, nor will we,
    Their guidance and security.

So, never parting word nor cry:-
    We feel, with him, that by and by
    Our onward trails will meet and then
    Merge and be ever one again.

I just don't have the proper words to say, Dave. You were a driving force here on this earth- here with us- a new friend I was looking so forward to meeting in July...a new friend who influenced my own life in a positive way- I am proud to have met your acquaintance. Thank you and God Bless.

-Beth

14. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I am deeply saddened by his passing. I greatly respected this awesome dogger. His posts were always full of knowledge and sensibility. R.I.P. my friend. My deepest sympathies to his family for their loss.:(

15. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

May God rest his soul. He was about my favorite poster. He had been to matches back in the 60's in the small town in Okla. that I'd grown up in and I had always hoped I might get to meet him some day.

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

R.I.P "Tex" This is a great loss. Although I only knew him from this site, he was one of the people on here I had the highest respect for. A very knowledgeable man that blessed me with some very wise words that I shall never forget. I guess we will meet at a later time now Tex. It's tough not to feel a deep sorrow right now, but I know he is in a better place.....reunited with his departed loved ones. God rest your soul my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.........

17. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Brother, when you find out the particulars, let me know. I want to go.

18. Ch.Hog05

Ch.Hog05 Pup

R.I.P. his family is in our prayers.

19. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

You'll be missed bub. I can just see him now with all the greats up there cuttin up. R.I.P.

20. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

my prayers to his family,,sorry to hear this,,R.I.P.