1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nutro Dog Food Warning!

Discussion in 'Medical' started by hammatoed, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammatoed

hammatoed Guest

my problems with nutro dog food started weeks ago..or should i say months ago!

we have been using Nutro adult large breed Beef FOR SOME TIME NOW, our last bag/bags the kibble was dark colored, kinda shiny rich looking and the kibble itself was a larger type of kibble, stool >dark,small,hard.!

the new bag same stuff the kibble is way smaller almost puppy kibble, the color is now light brown/tan dull looking and the dogs stool is BIG and Soft..and they seem to fart alot on it and throwing up from time to time..!??? i dont get why 1 bag should be so differant from the other..its like two totaly differant products.

i emailed nutro and they just sent me back an email leaving a phone # to call and discuss..i will post the outcome

update today:
    I HAVE CONTACTED CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND FDA BEING NUTRO WONT TALK TO ME OR ANSWER MY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS..

MY DOG HAS NOW GOT OVER THE UTI that i suspect is from the food, AND NOW over the last few days now HAS SERIOUS STOMACH PROBLEMS, GAS, DIAREAH, THROWING UP, PALE WHITE GUMS, HAIRLOSS, DRYSKIN,ribs and backbone sticking out etc. AND now she IS ON ALL KINDS OF MEDS NOW ALL BECAUSE OF THIS NUTRO SH*T FOOD.
    HUNDREDS OF OTHER DOGs ARE SUFFERING THE SAME EXACT SYMPTOMS AS MY DOG IS SHOWING FROM THE NUTRO. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.
    i know nutro is going to deny any wrong doing from all the stuff a read today on many websites..they are going to say nothing is wrong with the product and it cant be proven and they meet FDA regulations etc. with hundreds or close to a thousand complaints about nutro products and dogs dying and getting very ill you would think something would be done already to keep more and more animals from getting sick.
    I GUESS THE ONLY THING THAT CAN BE DONE IS TO CHANGE THE DOG FOOD, WHICH I DID TONIGHT AFTER PETSMART REFUNDED MY $$ FOR THE TAINTED NUTRO CRAP FOOD. there has been 500+ reports on dogs getting sick after eating nutro dog food over the last few months. some fricken nerve these corporate a-holes have..all about the $$$ they dont give 1 sh*t about our animals.

boycott nutro

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  2. hammatoed

hammatoed Guest

only 1 day in on a blan diet.. whiterice/cottage cheese/fortiflora sprinkled on top she is looking much much better and she is starting to cheer up a little. funny how they say its not the nutro..but my dog is off the nutro for 1 day and already is headed in the right direction. i been feeding and feeding trying to bulk her up the last month and she just got more sick and malnourished looking.. im glad i pin pointed the tainted food before she got worse and died on me.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Feed as close to natural as you can or what you eat and your problems are solved. I have decided my dogs are better off without the crap they sell for pet food....
    Now some is great, but hurts your pocket. I have six and can't afford 50.00 a bag. I do what I think is right by them now and have no problems with hair loss, loose stool or any of that other stuff.
    There needs to be stiffer regulations on what goes into dog and cat food.
    I hope you continue to see good results.

4. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

Ive never supported nutro ever but this info is very useful and will be passed on to friends who feed this junk. Sorry about your dog. Hope all gets better.

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

6. hammatoed

hammatoed Guest

^ i posted my findings and problems on that site the other day.. NUTRO STILL HAS NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED CALLING ME TO DISCUSS THE PROBLEMS. 4 emails 6 phone calls and nothing... so much for customer service!

7. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

A lot of people will blame the brand. . .but if you are feeding the WRONG FORMULA for your dogs you WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.

Most dogs cannot eat beef without issues. The max beef is the cheapest formula for that reason. if you want a food for a dog that cannot handle beef, then change to a more expensive, non beef formula.

I know Nutro recently changed the large breed to beef from chicken to cut costs for consumers. . . so if you were on the chicken and then switched to beef without realizing that will cause SERIOUS problems.

Read the bag people.

As for them not calling you back, I have never had an issue like that. . .

When you called were you a total ass? Because often they wont want to talk to you if you arent worth reasoning with.

Consumer Affairs is not a real organization. The FDA is the only organization anyone should call with dog food concerns aside from the company.

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

well i use the diamond brand. its not expensive and pretty close to natural. i think quality/price its the best dogfood. my dogs love it

9. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Every dog is different as are people's budgets and locational ability to buy certain foods. That is why so many people have different experiences with the same foods.

I tried diamond and all my dogs threw up and pooped everywhere. . does that make is a terrible food? Not according to the ingredients. So, it's just not for MY dogs.

The only time a food can be entirely horrible is if the ingredients tell you it's BAD for dogs. . like Byproducts, corn etc. Even then some dogs can eat it all their lives and do fine.

10. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.