1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No spare tire

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by F.W.K., Mar 11, 2023.

1. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Once drove alone in a comfortable Van with two just shown dogs without success but with character in crates in the back of the 7-person car that I had converted into a 4-person car. It was winter and quite cold and in a wooded area, almost unknown to me, somewhere there I got a flat tire. And stupidly no spare tire in the trunk. It was very late well into the night and well before the mobile phone era. In the middle of some dark path with bad luck with the dogs in dire need of care. What was left for me was to run to the nearest house for help. After about 15 minutes I saw a light on at a farm. The farmer opened up suspicious about the late visit, I explained the situation and a roadside assistance was called. This mechanic picked me up at the farm, we drove to my car and the flat tire was replaced by a so-called home bringer, such a crazy thin wheel.I was able to continue my way without further obstacles. It was the bit of luck that remained after an evening and night full of bad luck.

Dusty Road, chili, Ssdd and 1 other person like this.
  2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

I should add that thankfully the dogs in their crates were as quiet as mice during tire changes. That mechanic never knew there were dogs in the car, good beasts as they are.

tomjones2 likes this.
  3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It didn't happen to me but it did take 7 electricians away from my plant one Monday morning....

On a quiet Sunday morning a van full of Mexicans and chickens had a flat tire about 40 minutes from here. As they changed the tire a NC Highway Patrolman pulled up and offered assistance. Once he seen they had it he pulled off but called his buddy to follow.

The van pulled off and drove straight to the spot where they had a derby that morning.

The contractor lost almost his entire crew of workers and 7 of them were scheduled on a project for me. I saw it on the news that morning and the contractor had a really nice explanation about a mechanical issue with the van that Monday morning and that as soon as they could get there the project work would begin.

It was his story. I let him tell it. LOL

S

Ssdd likes this.
  4. chili

chili Big Dog

Sheesh I was waiting for that farmer to pull a gun on you. stepping foot on country folks property, especially after dark, is a dangerous proposition.

Thanks for the stories guys.

F.W.K. likes this.
  5. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Was for sure lucky that night.Once I fell in the middle of the night flat at my face ,after a few to many in a local saloon,at a strangers front porch somewhere in Texas, a farmer pointing a rifle at me as he was storming out the front door together with some barking ,thanks God not biting curly cur dog. He ordered me to stick my hands up and shouted what I did at his front porch. I answered that I was a stupid toerist who was searching for the road home to the village i was staying. He told me how to walk to the road to the village as he luckily saw that I was just what I had told him in all honesty ,"a stupid toerist."LOL story"s enough like the one being hogtied beside the road by a rude TX Ranger after speeding a bit and not following the rules exactly as told to me by him,LOL

6. bandm

bandm Pup

Back in the 80’s me and a buddy were in Texas picking up a young female off of Holt’s Redneck. We were invited to a get together that night that turned out to be Robert T’s first outing.
    Afterwards there was a string of 15 or so cars making the ride back through a bunch of very small towns out in the country. At one point the lead car pulled over on a side street in one of the small towns so they could relieve themselves since it was a long drive. I guess someone saw all of our cars parked in a line in the middle of the street at 300am and called the sheriff. I was directly behind the lead car which was a van with the dog crate visible from the rear window. The sheriff, dressed in street clothes, walked up to the van looked in the window at the dog, spoke to the guy driving who happened to be the owner/handler of the dog and he was wearing the same shirt he wore in the pit. They had a few words, the sheriff then asked me if I was part of this clown show and I answered yes and he just said that we need to get our asses out of his town and get back home.

F.W.K. and Ssdd like this.