1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No Love for Colby Dogs Anymore??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by deepsouth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

effed up on Brindle. sire=Stewart's Colby Sam
    dam=Colby's Kellie

2. stillborn

stillborn Banned

Colby dogs are like les paul guitars. just make sure you get the dog signed by Colby too. lol he was a bad dude though, he rolled his dogs harder than people were matching dogs. but time and age stop all things, and personally i accept it's not what it used to be.

3. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

I would own one, if I wanted to pay $800 for a dog... I just emailed him the other day, seeing what he was going to breed this year. I was gonna get a pup off of Colby's Dice... But I changed my mind, for now anyway..

4. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Thats not too expensive when you consider the experience breeding he has and the caliber of dogs. People sell those blue bullies upwards of $5,000.00. I was at his house a couple weeks ago and he had a small litter that I believe was called for. My favorite male there is Brady, hes somethin special.

5. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

dont know alot about them but heard lots of good things about some of there dogs

6. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

Brady's a nice dog. GREAT temperment. is Lou's only house dog, as well. and yeah, was thinking along your sentiment: people shell out 1,500.00 for a blue, no problem. ???...
    as the saying goes, ..." like owning a piece of history"...

"...one man's 'trash' ".... ;)

7. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I would be happy to own a Colby dog, and I'd say $800 ain't bad, but I'm used to $1500+ pup prices (cause I'm also in Dobermanns and a healthy, working Dobe ain't cheap). I don't know if Colby dogs are my favorite but they're damn sure up there!

8. lil_bull_frog.jpg
    original_colby_apbt_bullfrog.jpg
    original_colby_apbt_china.jpg

This are my Colby's I will not trade them for nothing .
    They are an amazing breed , smart and loyal upon all courageous.

9. LOL just look at redboy colby blood is everywhere if his ped is true.

10. i became freindly with mr colby in the early 80s i was in my early 20s he was just getting ready to retire from his salesman job i think he was 65 or so . i spent many hours talking dog old and new and igot 3 or4 dogs from him i allready had game bread dogs down from boze ch paladin and an old red nose bitch 4 generations out of fergusons centipede and tudors spike.i didnt need non game bred dogs but liked mr colby and wanted part of the pure colby stuff he never made any claims about his pups you got what you got.all the dogs i got from him were cold i gave them away as pets.all but one mr colby and his son sold a pup to a woman as pet .at 1 yr old he got loose and raised hell with 2 of the nebors sheperds.the colbys got acall to come get him before the law did.they patched him up and gave me a call i wonted to see this pup that would go at 1 yr old.i had my doubts but i took him home any way.a mounth later i walked a older agresive dog over to him and he wanted to play i wasnt happy .i let the older go to him and the colby pup jumped him and from that day on he would go with any dog male or bitch. he didnt have much ability but he never stoped or showed any bad moves.i was proud to own him.his name was creekmores barkley out of colbys red and lotty

11. NGK

NGK Top Dog

My father and i gave them a try back in the early 90's, both were genetic culls and when we requested our money back we were refused, one had a spinal problem and would go lame in the ass end, the other intestinal problems. After talking with a mutual friend of Lou's we came to the understanding that we were sent the worst because of our location (Canada). Both were put down at a loss of 2500 after shipping and original cost, never wanted one since.

NGK

12. i spent many hours with lou colby and always found him to be an hounest gentleman.im not saying your not telling the truth.i just dont beleave he would send you bad dogs just becuse yore from canada.the late dave gardner raised dogs from lou in canada.andre giroux also got dogs from lou

13. NGK

NGK Top Dog

All of that may be so but in our experience we were sent inferior dogs who were not of the quality guaranteed, at the time we had many different dogs from many yards and the ones from Lou im sad to say were culls. Do you remember the names of the dogs that Andre got from Lou?

NGK

14. like i said i didnt have mutch luck with them.just the barkley dog was game and iwas lucky to get him coming from dogs not game tested.i was lucky to live near him so i got to pick the pups my self.i loved to hear him talk about his dad and the famos dog men of the 50s&60s heinzl howard teal sparks etc they loved the dime dog he sired some good ones.when lou past the game lost real historean

15. JoeBingo

JoeBingo Banned

16. looks good, when i went up to lou,s farm years ago the dogs looked the same as they do now mostley brindle&white and some reds.itook alot of pictures back then if i ever get a scaner ill post them and some letters from lou and the advertisement for the mill his brother mike made

17. Here in Ohio everybody in they momma say Dey pit is Colby. " Wats your dogs blood' red nose Colby, Colby and brindle lol Gator mouth Colby. I just laugh in keep it pushing. But I admit I'm not familiar with the line as well as Komozinski. Still young and have alot to learn

18. Caveman

Caveman Pup

could some one send me the phone nr of John Colby, the son of Lou.. .PM pls?.. .. thank you very much

this is a nice looking pup you have there...looks very good that one.

19. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

Hey Joe Bingo Mason looks awesome! I think he will look even better when hes full grown! Has he already showed signs of dog agression?

20. tattooit

tattooit Pup

I'd venture to guess that I have probably seen more modern day Colby dogs at work than most folks around here. Long winded smart dogs with soft mouths (on the average). When you find a game one, it's all the way game.. ALL THE WAY. but that said, they were few and far between.

Couple of the best modern day (last 10-15yrs) examples.

Kuni ROM - A true ROM/POR bitch

Ch. Whitehead