1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New thread Clouse blood any information clouse dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by grave digger, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I've had three dogs that are Clouse/Mayfield X Hemphill/Wilder. Love them and I hope to always have them. My two last are now 12 so I'm hoping to aquire more.

2. herb

herb Pup

Gametown Kennels way back in the late 70's or early 80's had a male from B Clouse. He told me Bert was keeping him as a back up for his main Stud dog until Gametown acquired him. Although Gametown told me Bert asked him to just use him as a Stud and not hunt him he did anyways and he lost game. I talked to the Vet who saved him afterwards and she told he that the dog had a hole in his chest you could put your fist in. I saw a few of that dogs crossed offspring hunt and they were game, but had little ability. The pure Clouse dog was a dark brindle and I had his pedigree for many years. He was super inbred with only Clouse dogs and a guy I think was Clouse's partner. Something like Tartner. The good Dibo bred dogs of that time in my area were kicking ass on the Clouse crossed dogs. One dog of that time that really stood out was Snakeman's Levi 2XW 1X DGL. Levi was super game with tons of ability. I saw that myself. The hog that beat the pure Clouse dog was in turn stopped by Levi. The owners of the loosing hog claimed some one fed it chicken bones just before the hunt so Gametown said lets go again and you can come at any weight! The loosing hog came again at Levi and was SEVERAL pounds bigger than Levi. Levi lost Dead Game and the story was that he died in hold and everyone was amazed how game he was. The quality of Levi and several Dibo bred(Sorrels/PP and Crenshaw) dogs I had the pleasure of watching perform so outclassed the Clouse and Clouse crossed dogs I saw that I was thereafter totally sold on Dibo dogs and no one who saw all that including myself ever tried to get another Clouse bred dog. The guys with the best dogs from back then all messed with Crenshaw dogs and other Dibo bred lines after that.

3. herb

herb Pup

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

herb, you are right.
    I was good friends with the man who owned motorhead.
    he would be the first to tell you that there were much better dogs around during that time than the dogs the Tartennars were feeding.
    motorhead had a brother named butcherboy who won 3 in the early '70's, he ended up being totally outclassed by Art's brother Hurt. this was nearly 40 years ago, the Clouse and Hemphill crossed dogs have never been competitive since and the dogmen who were using them got rid of them and got some better dogs. the Clouse and Hemphill dogs since then have been peddled to the newbies who read about them in the gazette or Strattons books.
    the only place you'll see Clouse dogs in a real bulldogs pedigree these days is through the dogs PP got from Keith Allen Sr. (Tater and Faith) or through the dogs down from Tonka Bear. those dogs were crossed into other lines with great success.

5. Mallard

Mallard Pup

Mallard saw both hunts for the Bert dog and ref'd the 2nd. During the last one, the opposing hog was a 2 x killer and hand picked to stop Bert. Bert put the quit on that hog. KZB dogs have more Clouse than Patrick's dogs and are still getting it done.

6. Caos

Caos CH Dog

yes you're damm right syr!

7. Caos

Caos CH Dog

yeah Minor I agree!

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Great thread! Kinzenbaw knl. Have a site?

9. C2K

C2K Top Dog

KZB getting it done?Why in all the years, these dogs weren't known to be showed. No show news in any magazine.Why wasn't any top known sporting dogmen ever known to use them?What Page was it 1985 SDJ, 61 or 67? :lol:

10. stickler

stickler Banned

Yep, you are right ! And also who cares, there is nothing for sale, nothing at stud and nothing to peddle. There's nothing to even think about.
    Oh btw. you have never been able to realize that 'special cross' you mentioned a couple of years ago ? Too bad that it so often takes 2 for making a cross breeding.
    Oh well, you really don't need it !

11. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Who is this for ^^^

12. stickler

stickler Banned

Only for you and everybody else.

13. C2K

C2K Top Dog

Re: New thread Closed blood any information clouse dogs

Not according to Online Pedigrees and the website posted on there.'special cross' have no idea what this is about. Makes nice fiction.No way in hell would I breed with a KZB dog, I don't need a Clouse/Patrick crossed dog.This is the same trick bag but no where the success Otter or Patrick and others had.BTW are there really people who still buy these dogs from him after all that has bailed and no known titled dogs?There are no "PURE" Clouse bloodlines left and if there were, no one would want them because they weren't competitive when he was alive!

14. stickler

stickler Banned

Good to know.
    danger ?

15. Buliwyf

Buliwyf Banned

If you going to try guess from outside of the U.S., at least get the right half the country.But the answer to your question, no..

16. stickler

stickler Banned

Ok my bad.

17. redpet

redpet Pup

KZB gets his most recent dogs from the Homer dogs ( KZB Boley)which go back to Clouse via Homers mother. Clouses Brindle Dan and Clouses Staber were the dogs that really worked. Patrick had his Tater dog stolen from the dog pound by Indian Sonny in the early, early days and ended up back with Clouse where he was renamed Bulldozer and then fought to death with no teeth at an old age. Clouse bred good game dogs with sturdy conformation and for that he is to be commended. However, participating in taking Pats famous stud dog Tater was something that put him down there at the bottom of the pile, esp when he was working with Indian Sonny, the biggest dog theif in California. All of this occurred way before most of you even knew what a bulldog was. KZB prides himself on his knowledge of pedigrees and history. KZB made the best of what was available in later years. I dont agree with Minor Threat as to the best, descendants from some good dogs, but not the only real or best.

18. Caos

Caos CH Dog

the gamedog world is not only magazines my friend I saw and know lots of true bulldogs who never appear in sdj or any other magazine.

19. Buliwyf

Buliwyf Banned

@redpet,KZB has not owned this breed longer then us. I knew when he got started, same a P.P., Allen, M.M. R.P. and Otter. KZB dogs have not appeared in any known top dogs pedigrees or with any known top dogmen.@caos, if they were any good, people would have heard about their success.True many good dogs went unreported but sooner and later they are heard about, i.e. Chinaman went unreported as a recognized champion by any sporting mag.When you play in the fast lane and top dogmen use the blood, it will get known sooner or later.BTW it has been asked 4b4, these supporters must not really believe in them to much.Also KZB dogs aren't based off Homer. Patrick dogs were as was Tater & Faith.Otter, Groves, Patrick, Martin, Parrish, MRod, ect. have all known to use Clouse and with it crossed and has produced grand champions, champions & R.O.M. dogs which is known around the world.There are no "pure Clouse" dogs left. Thery were crossed to get the best from them.You get winners from winners not from papered dogs.

20. stickler

stickler Banned

May he keep them few for himself ? Or is he asking here for outside opinions.
    @Mods, Isn't name calling and that jazz against the rules ?
    The man is alive and well and not selling or doing anything wrong at all.
    If you don't like these dogs because you don't know them or never heard about them, then it's fine. You said it Buliwyf, "when you play in the fast lane and top dogmen use the blood, it will get known sooner or later." So YOU know for sure that they are useless, why rumble about that paper bred dogs ? But, really, i don't wanna get an answer at all.