1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Sorrells pup. Any advice?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Shan3-O, Feb 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

There is a good thread on here for building a tie out set up. It seems extreme but a lot of guys use a car axle buried into the ground. I have a porch with secure columns, my dog spends about 4 hours a day outside. You have to be extremely careful not to let your dog get lose. I don't have any experience with carpet mills but a lot of guys use them. Just do your due diligence before buying, the cheapest are not always a good deal.. Also, LE consider them tools for dogfighters. Spring poles...never had one but again a lot of guys like them. Just careful because a pups teeth take a while to get set. Flirt poles are cheap and awesome.

Hopefully guys like Slim and AGK will jump on here and give you some pointers. Again, ignore the weird posts and personal attacks, they do not have your best interest at heart. The ones about letting he pup be a pup are good advice.

Lee Robinson and Shan3-O like this.
  2. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Bro quit listening to all of us. No one here has a dog off Lee's stuff. We don't know what environment you live in, your actual experience level, the pups attitude.... if you're close to Lee have Lee mentor you and get you right. You trusted him enough to buy 2 dogs without asking us why ask us how to make them what you want?

Dsavv likes this.
  3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Look up AGK chain set up.All you need !

Shan3-O likes this.
  4. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

OK...again, you are making my point, LOL. Instead, how about you help this guy out? Yes, it is true I did not know my dog was heavy Jeep, but I do know the dogs for a good 5 generations back. Those dogs were winners in the Chicago area, BTW. However that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

5. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

You are saying this now but in an earlier post denigrating Lee...which is it? Do you not understand how you are confusing he new guy?

6. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

THIS!!!!.

Revelator and Shan3-O like this.
  7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Not 4 months ago you were just asking about how to "work a pup" and learned about the teeth from B.B.....

You're a goof. Please for the love of the dogs quit giving advice. If you actually love what the rest of us dedicated most of our adult(if not whole) life to like you say you don't give another word of advice.

8. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Lee's a fucking lame. Dude didn't know that... He bought a product.. Best to go to the manufacturer with issues.... A[nd if I paid Lee's "last pick male" price for what dudes gonna get with all Lee's says in his sales pitch I wouldn't ask a dude who bragged about how amzingly trained he had his dogs in a week then got bit in the dick by a pup who still pisses in the house advice... I'd go to who I got the pup from.

9. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Sure. I've never matched a dog in my life and have only raised 5. Many guys here have owned hundreds. And yes, I learn from people on here...in fact I bought my pup local band upon your advice. But I know when your advice can be trusted and when not. And yes, I have also learned from Ben (I almost bought a dog from his breeder) but again I have to ferret out 80% nonsense. This guy does not have that level of understanding. Unfortunately many in here, as illustrated by you, refuse to help this guy out, instead focusing on childish personal attacks. Just stop with the nonsense. You keep going back and forth, saying Lee is an idiot and then in the next post telling the guy to listen to Lee.

Why don't you put your emotions aside for a moment and just help the guy out? What you think of me does to matter unless I specifically have given the guy bad advice.

10. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Stop with the back and forth........please give the guy solid advice while he raises this dog.

Lee Robinson, Shan3-O and GrChHaunch like this.
  11. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Agreed, 100%.

Lee Robinson and Shan3-O like this.
  12. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Getting good advice so far. Thanks. Has anyone here done conformation, weight pull, wall climb etc with your dog?

13. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

No, but I have used my pups to pick up chicks before...

GrChHaunch and Shan3-O like this.
  14. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Goto a few shows and ask questions see how it's done some people learn from example

Shan3-O and ben brockton like this.
  15. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Lmao!! That’s perfect! Beach days with my pup for sure haha

Revelator likes this.
  16. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Great idea. Thank you

17. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I did. Focus on getting the pup to maturity alive(since that was an issue), train the dog to fit his lifestyle and the puppies attitude, be weary of who he takes advice from, and don't get hung up on retarded shit until the pups grown.

And regardless of my thoughts on Lee the man paid him for his alleged expertise. Take advantage of it.

Next time I'll talk about flirt poles and dog parks instead.

18. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Wanted to post an update. Just got my pup today

Attached Files:

GrChHaunch and Revelator like this.
  19. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

It's a pup... swap the old pillow for wood chips

F.W.K., Revelator and Shan3-O like this.
  20. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Is that for easier clean up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.