1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Sorrells pup. Any advice?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Shan3-O, Feb 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Hey everyone, I just purchased my first game bred APBT. I’ve owned a byb pitbull before but this is my first pure bred dog. I’m stoked! I’ve done a bit of research but nothing compares to real experience imo. I get my pup next Wednesday. Can any of you give me any information on what to expect? He is 7/8th % Sorrells. The outs come from Carver blood, Boudreaux blood, and Tudor blood. I don’t know much about all that except for the history and who these dog men are. As far as their dogs I don’t know much. My breeder is a great guy and I feel good about the whole experience. I got the last pick male. I want to get involved in some kind of sport with my dog eventually. Not fighting but say weight pull or something along that arena. Any info, suggestions or help would be great thanks! http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=806749

2. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Sure lee would be able to offer any guidance you need. Would just treat the pup the same as I would any pup regardless of breed or bloodline. Know when people want to get into things they can be over keen as well. To much to soon can ruin a dog, just enjoy the puppy stage for now is my advice.

Shan3-O likes this.
  3. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Lee is def helpful. Just wanting to hear everyone’s opinions, knowledge and advice. Great advice on not overdoing it. I totally agree. Thank you

4. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

Lmfao I had to go back and see who the breeder was on the pedigree after reading your comment :)):)):))

5. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Guys are messing with you. Obviously don't go to Ben for advice. Dog looks well bred. I am looking more at the dogs up front than the Sorrels stuff, although I love Sorrels. Actually talked to Bert many years ago. Looks like all the grandparents are proven, so you probably have a dog that is going to turn on at some point. Stay away from dog parks and other places were other dogs are around unless you want vet bills and legal troubles. Get a breaking stick and learn how to use it. You have a fighting dog and it will probably start up at the worst possible time.

Give the dog lots of love like any other dog but it will need to be worked. If an indoor dog crate train it ASAP. After a bit more time get a flirt pole and start working it and walking it. When it gets older it will need more exercise. Personally I run my dog using my bike but there are other options like swimming, treadmill (you have to buy one) etc. You can play fetch but again not with other dogs around.

Just curious, where did you find that dog?

Shan3-O likes this.
  6. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Holy shit...just looked at the breeder and he is Lee Robinson. I skipped out on the ridiculous BKK thread but I need to double check and see if that ped is legit.

7. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

OK...I did not keep up with the drama on the BKK thread but after a quick look it seems that the wins on Lee Robinson's dogs might be made up. Go look at the thread all zillion plus pages of it. No one puts wins on their dogs around these parts anymore anyways. Anyhow, you want a pet, right? So the issue does not matter since you are not matching dogs.

having said that, the Sorrels dogs were very proven and the bottom line is you have a dog that may well start up and therefore the general advice I gave still holds. There is a shit ton of petty politics around these dogs, if interested again go check out he BKK thread. Personally I found it a waste of time but since you have a Lee Robinson dog...I think Lee jumps in around here:index.php

crook60 and Shan3-O like this.
  8. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Make sure to only take advice from someone who knows what they're talking about.... looking at everyone old posts is a quick way to tell who doesn't have any idea what they're talking about (cough cough) and who does.

crook60, tomjones2, BTK1993 and 4 others like this.
  9. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Thank you! Great advice and exactly what I was looking for. I found him online when I searched for APBT breeders

10. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Ok thank you. I will check it out. And yeah I just want a pet that I can do some kind of sport with

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Never take advice from someone who triple post. Besides bkk was good enough for the breeder to of the pup to get advice from just ask him lol

Revelator likes this.
  12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Dam dogs up front is Sorrells stuff . Smith bought most Bert's dogs .

david63 and Shan3-O like this.
  13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Bubba you're talking to a HISTORIAN and expert on the breed. Slow your roll cuz!

Lmfao.

david63, ben brockton and bamaman like this.
  14. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

He know that, and that sooooooo many of those "Bert" dogs weren't Bert's... He knows Mad Dog and Skip and knows Bert. Their relationship and even what color their shit was on Tuesdays. He don't need anyone telling him about those dogs. He spoke to Bert on the phone once!

david63 and bamaman like this.
  15. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

I feel lost lol idk what some of you safe saying. Im just looking to get some advice and opinions from people with knowledge on the game bred APBT. Mostly how to work them out and how much to work them out. Also, what to expect from my pup when he gets mature. Thanks

16. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

I have talked with lee. Just trying to get others take on everything. Thanks

17. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Well.... you bought a pet. So walk it, train it, and add to as needed. It's not rocket science. Folks buy an ok bred dog from a lame and immediately want it to look like the famous pic of Chinaman and have 7,000 goals for a pup who may not live to see a year old....

My best advice is quit focusing on bloodlines, the fact its a "pure game bred apbt" and what weirdos who can't handle their own puppy say.

It's a puppy. Feed it, love it, train it to live in your environment, and when you run into a roadblock ask questions. All you need is a food dish, water dish, something to put in both, puppy toys, a crate, and common sense.

Is this your first dog ever?

Revelator, ben brockton and Shan3-O like this.
  18. Wildrose

Wildrose Pup

Once your past the puppy phase I would start to seek out tips on whatever sport interests you. In the meantime I think Ssdd has hit the nail on the head, let the pup be a pup. Be smart with what you do as he/she grows don't go overkill with running the thing around, let them joints develop and let those teeth come in and set. I see all these dudes with "game puppies LOL" hanging 4 month old dogs by they jaws and thinking its a "sign" just forget that shit for awhile. And be wise with the treats and rewards, you don't want some retarded shit eater that won't do anything unless your waving a hotdog in front of it. Especially if your considering weight pull events in your future.

Ssdd and Shan3-O like this.
  19. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Lol Roger that. And no it’s not my first. Just my first game bred pitbull. I had a pitbull before but it wasnt a game bred one. I had a puppy from lee before this. It was an American sentinel bandog. Unfortunately he was ran over. Still bummed about it. Loved that dog. That’s why I went back to lee. This time I got a pitbull though. Thanks for the advice

20. Shan3-O

Shan3-O Pup

Thank you! And I agree ssdd gave great advice. How long does it take for their joints to develop?. I plan on running with him for workouts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.