1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New puppy think its JRT mix

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hells Bells, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I got what I think is a JRT mix. I'll post some pics later. Hes a cute pup 3 mo basically rescue the lady rescued them at 6 weeks. no idea what to name him. It's me and my boyfs dog, he said he was his. But I'm going to be doing most the training. lol We'd talked about getting a jack russell in the past if we got a 2nd dog wanted something small. Maybe I'll be able to do agaility or somethin with the little guy someday.

2. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Jack Russel Terrier

3. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Congrats on the new pup, we need pictures so we can help name him.;)

4. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Good luck with the new pup,a JRT is a great little dog.

5. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well my boyf said he decided he wanted the female pup more. So we are going to call and get her too and rehome this little guy. I don't like the idea of asking to give back the pup. He is a little too skittish and does not like Helena and he's not playful. His sister was more playful so we're going to get her. I do like this little guy but its supposed to be his dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  6. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Post some pics when you can. They are awesome. A lot of dog in a small package. Very determined breed.

7. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Thanks. Well we got the female and I believe she's going to fit in better around here, the people had no problem with taking the male back. She's really sweet. We named her Abbey. She's smaller than the male and more accepting to Helena. The male was growling at her so.. that wasn't a good first sign. I will get some pics up here later.

8. Turner

Turner Big Dog

JRTs are awesome!!! She a mix you said? Mine is a JRT/Min Pin mix. ;) Pure working drive, even as a mix lmao

9. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I have no idea guys, I'm guessing Jack Russell tell me what you all think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her name is Abbey.

10. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

looks a little beagle maybe

11. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

yeah we were thinking beagle too, I think she's a heinz 57 lol Don't bother us.

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

She's a cutie ... I can see some Jack in her face.

13. Turner

Turner Big Dog

How old is she? She is way too cute!! lol
    Too bad most terrier clubs are so "breedist" lol It would be fun to do some terrier stuff with her. I would love to do LC and GTG with my JRT mix but they are picky and only allow certain pure breds to compete lol (The ones I have found atleast ;) )

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Awwwwww...... she's VERY cute!

15. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Thanks everyone. We'll see what she wants to do when she gets bigger. Maybe agility if she's got a lot of energy.

She's kinda nervous right now. Whats the best way I can get her to come to me? She's eating good and drinking water. The lady said she dewormed them.

16. Turner

Turner Big Dog

I am gonna guess that she will indeed have a lot of energy but it's no guarantee, of course ;) She'll come around over the next few days. It generally does not take puppies a long time to settle in.

17. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Shes snapped at Helena a couple times. Helena just turned her head, she is excusing her because she's a puppy. Do you think she's just scared because she's not been around a bigger dog?

18. Turner

Turner Big Dog

She should get over it if she is only three months old. It could be because she is not used to bigger dogs. Of course, she just may end up not liking other dogs and you might have to crate and rotate or something like that.

And of course you know to never leave them alone unsupervised? :cool: I figure you know that much but I say that to everyone lol :)

19. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well today they both slept with me on the couch. And I was calling Abbey and giving her cheez its and I made Helena sit the whole time and wait for her cracker. It was good. I think she likes me though because she whines when I leave the room. But today I've kinda rotated them. Have one out with me for awhile and the other in the bedroom or bathroom.

Wanted to add Helena is pretty rude when she meets other dogs she goes immediately crazy to play. So I think that scared the pup. And Helena is so much bigger lol