1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Pics of the Dogs

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by PIt4life, Jan 24, 2011.

1. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

ya know, thats how we do here

Anyways. Updated pictures of Veyron, Twister and Widow's brother.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure whats happening here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

haters hatin
    [​IMG]

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Re: malnorished/underweight/inactive

gorgeous dog, still thik you should stop being stubborn and feed the dog more. Puppies are suppose to be plump and healthy

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

agreed, it shows in that pups coat.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I can still see ribs your not supposed to see a pup's ribs! Do I need to show you what a well fed pup looks like? Have you had the pup checked for parasites? Just saying if your feeding the pup enough food it shouldn't be so underweight unless it hasn't been dewormed. You really do need to put weight on the pup though. He would be much happier and look much better.

[​IMG]

5. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Food for the know-it-alls in other people's lives
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

that dull coat lmfao
    [​IMG]

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

look around on the floor in those pics. plenty of things a pup shouldnt be chewing on imo. rope toys, tennis balls, plastic pop bottles, etc

7. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

That room is closed off during the day when the dogs are out, and for whatever reason it wasn't cleaned yesterday.

The pup isn't "skinny" he is just SMALL and has been this way since he was born. Don't like it? Oh well. I free feed, so please don't tell me to feed him more. How do I free feed with other dogs around? It's called training. For those who know how cameras work, the flash doesn't really effect things when they are 6-10ft away, notice how much different the coat looks when the flash is up close? hmmm i wonder why......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  8. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

So when you starting agility and CGC lol

9. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Doesn't look underweight to me.. As far as I knew it's best to keep bigger breeds light while they're growing. Better on their growing bones and joints..

And the pup obviously has a lot of energy, and doesn't look unhealthy.

Here's my last pup at around 3 months.
    [​IMG]

I do doubt that they leave the pup with things to chew ALONE. My pup played with plastic bottles, rope toys, springpoles and flirtpoles, and he had none of those when he was alone.

Beautiful dogs, btw.

10. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Thank you Poisoned and beautiful pup!

The only thing Veyron has when he is alone is a large black Kong, so he can teeth on something other then the crate lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  11. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i personally don't see shit wrong a lil skinnier than i keep my pups and damn yall stop nit picking at every lil thing in the pictures for fucks sake pit raise your dogs how you want and i will do the same pup looks pretty good

12. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Poisoned FYI the Adba standard says with pups that no rib, hip bone, spine should be showing. Also this pup is not a large breed dog like a Shepard. At best a medium size breed. Adult weight between 30- 40pds. So yes while large to giant breed dogs should not be overweight as pups. But they should not be underweight either. But your comparison is not the same. Puppies should not be conditioned.

However he does look better than he did before. He looks as though he is gaining weight. And he looks happy and active.

13. AGame

AGame CH Dog

exactly what i was thinking

14. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I agree.

Good post AGame

15. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

I could be because of the weather that the pup is so skinny but I agree a pup should be feed heavy

16. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

I wasn't talking about any set standards, just health wise.. I just don't think there's anything wrong with that pup. And especially if he's free-fed and has energy and is obviously happy.

Bulldogs can have HD/joint issues, so I would want to keep them in the thin side when they're growing to be on the safe side. Not underweight, but thin.

But this is all my opinion..

17. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Poisoned previous pictures of that pup, he was very thin. Hipbone and ribs were showing. However he looks ALOT better.

And health wise no pup should have hips, ribs, spine showing. Again underweight is just as bad as overweight. Lack of food can hinder development just as over feeding. And it goes case by case.

Again while the focus may not be on the dog itself in this thread and the replies it has received. But more on the OP attitude overall.

So lets keep this on topic please.

18. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Maybe I have an attitude because some people are talking out their ass. This is the way my puppy looks. He is free fed, UTD on shots, and wormed on time. Nothing wrong with him.

19. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Katie you and I have never had a problem. But yes you KNOW you are a smart ass. :D And sometimes you come across like you have a chip on your shoulders. But I also know that you can be really nice.

And while some are judging you on your previous actions on forums. Sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles. Hell when I was 18/19 I thought I knew everything too. But some people on here are really trying to give you advice and actually care. But when they try you get defensive like they are attacking you. When in reality they were not at first. And after that they say fuck it. There really are good people on here.

With that said stop being so defensive and relax. You do not have to be on guard all the time. Yes I changed the title of this thread. Why because you were being a smart ass. What types of replies did you think you were going to get.

The pup looks ALOT better then previously posted pics.

20. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The pup looks great and is very energetic. I'm not gonna state it is better to feed a pup heavy or that it is better to have pups on the leaner side. However, most vets now agree that puppies, from toy to giant breeds, tend to be healthier when they are kept lean. This is because puppies are energetic by nature and even a toy pup can injure his bones due to the extra weight he would be carrying. It would be far less likely for any pup to injure themselves if they are leaner. Also you'll find that in the wild, canine pups are lean. Wolf pups for the first year survive on mostly bones due to being last on the pecking order. The organ meats, which is the most prized, are eaten by the alpha and the muscle meats are eaten by the beta, gamma, and so on. The pups are the last on the totem pole and usually subsist on bone. However, most vets also agree that pups that are kept heavy tend to fair better from sickness and ill health. Pups kept lean tend to suffer more serious side-effects and the symptoms tend to be worst than pups kept heavy. This is what most vets believe in now. Bottom line is, just because a dog is skinny doesn't mean the dog isn't healthy. There are plenty of skinny people out there, doesn't mean they aren't healthy. Raise your dogs the way you raise them and do right by your dogs.