1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New dog food, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by findrodhere, Oct 22, 2005.

1. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

I just recently purchased "Innova EVO" dog food. I have a puppy that is one week shy of five months and seems to love it. Will the lower carbs hinder his growth?
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 176px; HEIGHT: 158px" cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=2 width=176 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Moisture</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>10.0 %</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Protein</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>42.0 %</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Fat</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>22.0 %</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Fiber</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>2.5 %</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Calories</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>1741 Kcal/lb</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Calories</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>3838 Kcal/Kg</NOBR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top><NOBR>Calories</NOBR></TD><TD class=black-text style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt" vAlign=top align=right><NOBR>537 KCals/Cup</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Thanks y'all

2. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

Pretty High amount of Protein, make sure you use it through running

3. Marty

Marty Guest

4. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Say good by kidneys after awhile!

5. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Thanks for the advice guys...
    "make sure you use it through running," brothermaree, what did you mean?
    Has anyone else tried the food? Would switching back to Wellness puppy formula be the best thing to do? My bad about all the questions y'all, it's just that I want to make sure that I'm not making bad choices so early in his development.

6. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I feed Innova - I was not aware it had an effect on kidneys?