1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

new breeding redboy/jockco

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by dmd66, Jun 17, 2005.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Yes I agree, it should be more about looking for the truth in the statement Champions to Champions (or better) can make more instead of the blood to the blood... no matter what lines you cross, my first cur was bred like Jesus but didn't show it and my Favorite dog was off a filial generation between 2 GRCH off 2 totally different lines. So lots of old timers proved that BIS to BIS GIS TO GIS CH to CH whatever...quality makes quality no matter the line its the 2 dogs in question and that is...FACT.

2. dogmanduke82

dogmanduke82 Big Dog

3. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

I would rather breed to a producer than a CH or GR CH..ANYDAY! Just because a dog is CH OR GR CH doesnt mean he will produce that...there are many a CH that didnt produce a thing!

4. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

TD I am glad you are trying to educate, maybe it will reach some, because people's perception of what is signifcant in this game is really odd to say the least. Hope to see you in Philly next month.

5. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

i second that but theres 90% of the breedings done on here from dogs that aren't tested and no rom or por dog with in two gen are you saing thats wrong or you get a higher % from the tested (1xw and 2xwers) that are por and rom then a ch or gr ch without anything (por rom) behind there names. now this could be a long story, because the ch could have something on the ground that just isn't reporting. like this dog black bart was just changed to (por) about two months ago becuase someone hadn't checked everything out

a href="http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=84289

6. TIP

TIP Pup

Am not saying line breeding or outcrossing is not the way to go about things but me i prefer proven dogs that have shown and proved they are worth breeding from(best 2 best)

I would rather breed to a producer than a CH or GR CH..ANYDAY!

In my eyes if the dog aint made the grade he would'nt get a chance to get breed

On what merit would you breed that producer for in the first place
    i would'nt have even given him the chance for him to prove he was a producer

First they prove there worth as match winner(s) then il give them the chance to prove them selfs as producers

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2005
  7. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

i know this animal produced a nice bulldog CH Da Beast. Damn it son.... thats all i can say

8. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“quality makes quality no matter the line its the 2 dogs in question and that is...FACT”
    How is that a “fact”? Best to best, without regard to the dog’s lineage is a recipe for FAILURE! Now there is a FACT!

“In my eyes if the dog aint made the grade he would'nt get a chance to get breed”
    I’m taking it you have no clue what you’re talking about nor can you read pedigrees! Some dog’s are/were never designed to be performance dogs…they were bred for the sole purpose of “producing” that type of dog’s.

“i would'nt have even given him the chance for him to prove he was a producer”
    That’s why your percentages are/will be extremely low! Beside how else can you determine what can produce, if you don’t breed them?

“First they prove there worth as match winner(s) then il give them the chance to prove them selfs as producers”
    What kind of stupidity will you spew next? Being able to “win” has nothing to do with a dog’s “producing” ability! There are many multi winner out there that I couldn’t be paid to take on of their pups! Hell for that matter, there are very few dogs, that even see quality competition, most are nothing more than over-hyped backyard rolls (if that much)! The overwhelming majority of these “proven game” internet dogs don’t even qualify for the “B” section!

9. KnottyBoyNC

KnottyBoyNC Big Dog

GOOD POINT!! We need more people 2 realize that! Thanx for making that known

10. KnottyBoyNC

KnottyBoyNC Big Dog

Brood Currs and Culls

FIRST OF ALL LET'S TALK ABOUT WHAT A GOOD DOG SHOULD HAVE. A GOOD DOG SHOULD FIRST OF ALL BE GAME , SINCE THIS IS WHAT THE GAME IS ALL ABOUT. YOU DON'T WANT TO BASE YOUR WHOLE YARD ON ANYTHING LESS. YOU ALSO NEED STAMINA , ABILITY AND IT'S GOOD TO PITCH IN SOME MOUTH AS A PLUS. AND FOR YOUR BROOD BITCH , SHE HAS TO BE ABLE TO WHELP PUPPIES AND SINCE YOU ARE GOING TO BASE YOUR YARD ON THIS BITCH YOU SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH HER THREE GENERATIONN PEDIGREE, WHICH SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE ALONG WITH GOOD TEMPERMENT.

WHAT PROMPTED ME TO WRITE THIS ARTICLE WAS WHEN I SEE CERTAIN ADVERTISING IN THE MAGAZINES - FOR EXAMPLE "BROOD BITCH FOR SALE $2500.00 - BROOD STOCK ONLY" AND THE PEDIGREE READS 20X JEEP, YOU CALL THIS FELLOW UP AND HE EXPLAINS THAT THIS BITCH IS 26 MONTHS OLD AND WON'T HIT A LICK, OR HAS NO ABILTY. SO I ASK HIM WHAT MAKES HER A BROOD BITCH?? AND HE REPIES HER PEDIGREE!!! THEN I ASK HIM WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF A MATCH DOG GET SOFF HIS CHAIN AND JUMPS ON HER ?? HE REPIES THAT SHE WOULD PROBALY GET KILLED!! WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING - IF WHILE I'M AWAY AND A MATCH DOG GETS LOOSE ON MY YARD AND GETS TO MY BROOD BITCH WHEN I GET HOME I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BREAK MY BROOD BITCH OFF THAT OTHER BITCH WHICH WILL PROBALY BE A CORPSE BY THAT TIME . ALSO LOOK OUT FOR SOMEONE THAT IS WILLING TO SELL A 7 OR 8 YEAR OLD THAT HASN'T ALREADY PRODUCED ANY WINNERS. AND DON'T FORGET TO ASK THE SELLER HOW MANY DOGS OFF HER HE HAS ON HIS YARD. IF HE HAS NONE IT COULD BE A BAD SIGN. I KNOW I'M GOING TO GET IT FOR SAYING THAT BUT THAT'S MY OPINION. I HATE A COLD BITCH AND I WON'T KEEP ONE. I BELIEVE THAT THE BROOD BITCH IS AS EVERY BIT AS IMPORTANT AS THE STUD DOG. PICTURE THIS AD ON THE TOP PAGE A GRAND CHAMPION STANDING AT STUD A 6 OR 7 TIME WINNER AND ONE OF THOSE OVER ANOTHER GRAND CHAMPION, SOUNDS GOOD. ON ANOTHER PAGE IS A DOG WITH A SUPER PEDIGREE STANDING AT STUD, HE'S NEVER WON A MATCH AND NEITHER HAVE EITHER OF HIS PARENTS AND THIS DOG IS ALSO COLD, THAT MEANS NO MOUTH NO GAMENESS NO ABILITY NO NOTHING!!! NOW I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I DON'T KNOW OF A SERIOUS DOGMAN WHO WOULD PICK THAT COLD DOG WITH THE PEDIGREE OVER THE GRAND CHAMPION . SO IF YOU WOULD NOT BASE YOUR YARD ON A NOTHING MALE WHY BASE IT ON A NOTHING FEMALE??. I KNOW THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL SAY THAT COLD BITCH DOES HAVE THE POTENTIAL OF PRODUCING GOOD DOGS . BUT MOST ANY DOG WITH A LITTLE LUCK MIGHT PRODUCE A GOOD DOG OR TWO!!. BUT NOT IN MY YARD , I WANT-THE ODDS TO BE MORE IN MY FAVOR. YOU CAN EVEN LOOK AT THE LIST OF THE REGISTER OPF MERIT DOGS , TO MY KNOWLEDGE NONE OF THESE DOGS WERE COLD AND EVEN IF ONE OR TWO WERE COLD THEY WERE EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE AND NOT THE RULE!!AND HOW MANY COLD DOGS ARE COMING FROM THEIR BLOODLINES NOW??!!

I'M NOT TRYING TO PUT DOWN COLD DOGS , BUT ANY DOG BEING BRED THAT LACKS GAMENESS, ABILITY, STAMINA AND MOUTH!!! SURE YOU CAN GIVE A LITTLE IN SOME AREAS BUT WHEN YOU GIVE THEM ALL UP YOU'RE JUST BREEDING SHEPHERDS IN A BULLDOGS BODY!!!! IF YOU SELL BULLDOGS LIKE THIS THEN I'M GOING TO SAY YES YOU ARE A PUPPY PEDDLER. BROOD BITCHES ARE NOT THE GARBAGE THAT'S LEFT OVER AFTER YOU PICK OUT THE MATCH DOGS IN A LITTER. THEY MAY NOT BE CURS BUT THEY CERTAINLY ARE CULLS!!

IN CHOOSING A BROOD BITCH MAKE SURE SHE HAS GOOD BONE STRUCTURE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T INBREED A 26# STICK!! SHE MUST HAVE A STABLE DISPOSITION AND AGAIN HAVE SOLID THREE GENERATION OF GOOD BILLDODOGS AND ABSOLUTELY NO COLD DOGS IN THE THREE GENERATION PEDIGREE. YOU SHOULD ALSO FIND OUT IF THE BITCH HAS ANY WINNING LITTERMATES. AFTER YOU GET PUPS FROM THIS BITCH, TRY NOT TO SELL THEM BUT RAISE THEM TO TWO YEARS OF AGE AND TEST THEM AND IF THEY START CURRING YOU START CULLING!!

REMEMBER , DON'T SELL YOUR CULLS, ANYTHING LESS THAN A TRUE BULLDOG AND YOU SELL IT YOU ARE PEDDLER!!!"

BY LITTLE ROCK

11. TIP

TIP Pup

Texasbulldogs = Some dog’s are/were never designed to be performance dogs

Mate that might be part of your breeding program but certaintly not mine

Texasbulldogs = Beside how else can you determine what can produce, if you don’t breed them?

Like i said the only dog that gets the chance to determine what it can produce is by it proving its self in the box FIRST(dont beleive in paper breeding)

Texasbulldogs = Being able to “win” has nothing to do with a dog’s “producing” ability

I never said it did but i myself would rather bred to proven match winners then match two pieces of papers that looks good.
    I would bred two good dogs to make better dogs, not bred two good papers to make better looking papers

12. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

care to share any of your pedigrees?

13. TIP

TIP Pup

Sorry mate thats one thing i dont do

My dogs ped's are my business that is where the problem lays too many people are openly showing pedigrees out

Mine's are kept secret all i revil is the lines the dogs are down from

Letting to much info out is never a good idea !!

Ecspically on a PUBLIC forum

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2005
  14. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

why does this not suprise me?
    i guess you just like to talk then?

"my pedgrees are private."
    ..... ok..... "guy" i mean "mate"? maybe your so called breeding technics should stay concealed also. i mean if your so "low key".

i was just curious what a pedigree of a best to best breeding looks like.
    i mean if thier can only be one best, no?
    since there can only be one "best" then you must make a sacrifice and breed to the second best, hopefully within the family to produce a tighter gene pool? hence line breeding ect. seems to work well with jeep and redboy and frisco, for example. obviously you are working with a family of dogs that cant reproduce itself when bred tightly? so your forced to outcross and scatter your gene pool. you must be a gambleing man. or just like to look for that needle in the hay stack?
    sorry guy im not convinced. you even own a dog.

15. TIP

TIP Pup

Mate our shall i say Guy i never in any of my post said line breeding was not a good idea i agree also it works but my prefrence is best to best

Any breeding is as much as a big gamble as any other, you should no that yourself sometime cold dogs can produce too if your willing to give them a chance

GROUND UP = sorry guy im not convinced. you even own a dog

Here mate just for you here are three of my dogs that ive put up in the gallery section

http://www.game-dog.com/gallery/search.php?do=searchresults&searchid=1832

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2005