1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need to find a home for Kado

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by bigcity, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigcity

bigcity Pup

I'm looking for a good home for my APBT. He just passed 2 years old. About a year ago my girlfriend at the time thought it would be a great idea to get me a pit bull for my birthday. She knows how fond i am of them and heard me talking about getting a puppy. So she went to the pound and got one. Waited till he was neutered and brought him home. This was a very bad descion and one I have tried to live with since and did the best I can. At the time we lived in an apartment that didn't except dogs. I was in the process of buying a house so I didn't think it would be that much of a problem. I ended up buying the house and living with Kado and my girlfriend. Things were fine till we broke up and I was left with the responsibility of Kado alone. Which would have been fine by me except I was laid off and was forced to rent my house out and move back home for awhile. My parents have one pit bull mix who Kado has already fought with and another APBT female who is dog aggressive. So until I can find him a home he's living with my current girlfriend in a converted barn apartment. The problem here is he's very hard to handle for her and they have two small dogs and a border collie male who seemed to be getting along with Kado but recently Kado's been snapping and being agressive. I have done everything I can to keep but it just seems like it's not working out. I would like to find him a good home with people who can care for a dog like him. He is an extremely lovable dog. He thinks he's a lap dog. He always wants to be close to someone and cuddle with them. He love's to play and will sit, and give paw or high fives. Kado's Neutered, up to date on shots and has no health problems that I know of. Some of the things I have noticed that someone adopting should know. He's Very dog aggressive. He can get along well with small dogs. Every other dog he's been around he tries to fight with. He's also has a need to hunt anything with pulse. I have been walking on back trails with him off leash and he has went after everything from rabbit's to full size deer. My girlfrined opened the door to apartment and Kado saw some geese and off he went. He took down 4 of them before we could get him. He's also went after horses and chickens. Which makes it difficult for her to walk him since she's on a farm. I figure he would be in great hands with anyone who needs a hunting dog of some sort. He's also very protective of the home and new comers. He is as game as they come. Any questions just ask

Attached Files:

2. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

nice lookin dog hope you find a home for him

3. bigcity

bigcity Pup

By the way I'm in Allentown Pennsylvania

4. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

Nice dog, I wish you luck rehoming him. too bad your luck don't change and you get to keep him.

5. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Kado has found a good home according to the OP. This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.