1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help

Discussion in 'Medical' started by BullDog143, Nov 3, 2008.

1. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Hey i have a dog that wont shit and hasnt in the past 2-3 days. So im pretty worried and i dont know have the money to take him to the vet right now (i know i know) but is there anything i should be really worried about? And is there anything i do at the house that can make him shit.

2. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

Has he been eating?

3. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

No he hasnt ate the past two days but ate a little this morning but he threw it up. He's been drinking water and all that but he just wont shit. I guess he got ahold of something that he shouldnt have.

4. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

I'm not a vet, but he might have some intestinal blockage. That or just some serious constipation

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Your dog could be dying. Is there no way a vet can take a look? Not eating and vomiting are bad signs of a lot of things. Hit up a buddy or family member for some dough if possible. I would be more worried about those signs than not going. Is the stomach bloated?

6. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

Yep, needs to see a vet...could be a foreign body...may need surgery. Can you get CareCredit?

7. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

1st sign in a mamal for a blockage is no stool and emesis, sometimes a diarreha. palpate the abdomin and feel for something hard. But bring him in. I am a nurse in real life.

8. if your dog eats fruit and its just constipation give him some prunes my girl got into a bag of dried prunes once and couldnt stop shi#$ing.

9. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

I agree with what many already posted....

He needs to see a vet, ASAP and have some radiographs done. Sounds like an intestinal blockage, which can turn out fatal.....Ask your vet about Care Credit....

10. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Well we have had a couple days of bad winds and i guess some tiny peices of wood got in his chain spot and he ate it. He threw up last night alot and had some wood in the throw up and im guessing there is more in him. Is there anyway to see if he will throw it up or anything or should i just go ahead and call a vet.

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i also say blockage-been there done that and let me tell you-time is of the esscence.
    if its only what seems to be constipation i would say give em an egg or some canned pumpkin, but that is for first signs-you are past that. you need to get that dog to the vet. best of luck

^^^just saw about the wood- deff get him to the vet, the longer that wood is in his gut the more damage its going to do to the lining of his intestines. he most likely will NOT throw it all up

12. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I say, just take him to the vet...maybe they can work out a payment plan for you (if you've been a loyal longstanding client they should) or apply for CareCredit online and find a vet that accepts it.

They can do xrays and see where the blockage is and know whether it'll pass or if he needs surgery. They may have to do a contrast study b/c I don't think wood shows up on xray very well, unless it's a huge mass of it.

13. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

Take him to the vet ASAP that is very bad in a dog can cause death:( let know what happens.

14. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

I took him to the vet today and i have him on a iv. He is very dehydrated and the vet said that can cause him to not have any bowel movements but if things get any worse in the next 48 hours he will have to go straight into surgery so i hope he can make it through this he is a tough dog. Here he is.

[​IMG]

15. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

Oh so sorry to hear that
    Aaron

16. Mr.lee

Mr.lee Big Dog

dam fine dog...can he even get up and walk around or is he just sitting ...

17. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I hate to hear that. Surgery for what if you don't mind me asking. He's dehydrated, but what is the surgery for? What does the vet think is wrong?

18. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Well the vet did blood work on him and everything looks good excepty his electrolyts and obviously that is cause from dehydration. There is pretty much no doubt that there is something in his intestents (sp?) and that is causing him to not wanting to eat or drink alot of water. So the IV is in him to get those fluids in him because if there not then the intestents pretty much shrivel up (like a tomato without water) which causes him not to have bowel movements. So hopefully these fluids will help him have a bowel movement so whatever is in his intestents can pass but if cant then he will have to go into surgery. The vet also gave me this stuff RenaKare Gel (Potassium Gluconate) which i dont know what its for.

19. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

They didn't do any radiographs?

20. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

No. He said that if what im doing doesnt work then we need to take him back in and they will do it.