1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need HELP with RESCUE!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Envy's Mom, May 8, 2007.

1. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

This little Red and white female was hanging out in my street yesterday when a friend came over. Later we went to the store and on the way back we saw her again. I got out of the vehicle and walked around towards her and she started growling. I assured her it was ok and tossed her a tater tot. She ran up to me and licked my hand and then licked my face. She jumped in the jeep with us and I took her home gave her food, water, a bath, and a kennel.

I do believe this girl is pregnant and it looks like shes been bred several times. I do not know what to do. IMO her best option would be a spay abort, but I do not have the funds at this time to do so. Neither do I have the cash to raise pups and momma.

She is a little hand shy (may have been hit) but extremely sweet. She has not growled since I have had her in my house. Not food aggressive. Good with the 7 month old pup, but not the 2 year old female Fanny. She sits and takes treats gently. She is kennel trained. As soon as she comes in she will run in her kennel. She will also stay in there with the door open. I think she was a house dog by the way she wants in ALL the time and stays on the porch.

I would love to keep her, but I cant afford a surgery or pups right now due to my car accident. I need help and am not sure what to do.

I am posting signs for her original owner, but I am not sure that is the best thing for her or our breed in general. I believe she was dumped because she is pregnant, but I do not know.

I need advice. Please help!!!

I will post pics as soon as they are approved.

Thanks guys!

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Can you call the SPCA in your area? Sometimes they will do the surgery very cheaply.

3. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm checking with someone that lives in Texas and works in a vet's office.. As soon as she emails me back, i'll post

4. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Thanks everyone. We need all the help we can get. It will cost me over 250.00 to so this and I do not have funds right now.

What would you guys do?

5. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

6. Michele

Michele Guest

would you consider keeping her after her surgery?....If not, maybe you could foster her til you found her a home.....

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

what i would do if you just can not afford the dog or pups.is first off see if she really is pregnant,if she is not then i would consider keeping her and finding her a good home if you can at all afford it,if you can not or in fact she does turn out to be pregnant i would try and find a breed rescue that rescues APBT's in or close to your area.and how i would go about doing that is talk to local vets,and breeders and even the ASPCA though i doubt they will put you in touch with one.but first i would see if she is pregnant,she might have just got through weaning a litter wich can sometimes look like they are just showing signs of being pregnant due to the udders as i call em,but they will be a little thin as a rule after just weaning some pups.if you had some pictures i might be able to give you a better idea on if she looks like she is starting a pregnancy or just getting over a litter.but this is what i would do and have done in the past.

8. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I am considering keeping her, but she tries to be a little too dominant with Pistol. Its hard for me to crate and rotate b/c I feel bad making them stay locked up since they are kenneled in the day while I work. I feel she deserves more time out.

I will definaltely foster her untill I find a better home.

I will also continue to crate and rotate untill a permanent solution is found.

9. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

10. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

11. Michele

Michele Guest

she's so pretty....i love those ears!!!.......

12. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

Thank you she is just a joy.

13. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

She is a pretty girl!

14. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

from those 2 pictures i am kind of leaning towards yes she is in the early stages.but it is hard to tell.the reason i am saying is she is not skinny looking from those pictures but again very hard to tell.but her 2 back teats are filling up with milk,i would suggest taking her to the vet and have her checked and see then go from there.

15. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Did you find a place to take her?

16. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I believe I did find a place I am going to use. I have to get a few more details today. I will give yall an update as soon as I have a definate answer. Its going to be more expensive than I had hoped for, but we are going to do our best for her.