1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need a forever home - michigan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by sleepybuddah, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hi, Ive got a 2 year old staffy that I need to find a new home for. Shes 25 lbs full grown and is an inside house dog. Shes good with other pets and people, as for kids she likes to chase them when they run but shes just playing with them. Shes not a working dog and is spayed. I'm going to be locked up in a few months so I need to find her a good home. An ideal home would be most importantly be one with someone who loves dogs. I dont want to bring her to a home where she might be neglected, or kept outside in a backyard. Other than that, a fenced yard would be good. Shes a real small dog so if anyone is looking for a lil dog she's the one.

2. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Have you contacted the Stafford breed club? They've got a phenomenal rescue representation that can help you place her. Or, if you got her from a breeder, have you contacted that breeder to see if they can take her back?

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Hey man, I respect what you're trying to do in the situation. I wish I were in a position to help, but just wanted to say good luck and keep ya head up.

4. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Oh man... I wish we had room! :( My daughter is HARASSING me DAILY for a staffy! Probably started because I won't shut up about wanting one! lol Good luck! :dogtongue:

5. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

where are you located??

6. Shadowwolf - I havent checked with them yet. I figured I can find someone to rehome her locally or on here. I lost contact of the person I got her from, he's not a breeder.

Highcoasthiker - Thanks I'll do my best

Zoe - Thanks. Staffys are great house dogs and theyre small.

budboy - Detroit area

7. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Sleepy - contact Cathy of Blessings Kennel (you can google her) - she deals with Staffords and is part of the Terrier Club of Michigan. She'd probably be the biggest help in placing your dog. If that doesn't work, feel free to PM me and I can list her on Petfinder for you as a courtesy through the rescue group I volunteer with. :)

8. Wow I'm surprised you know of that kennel. Theres not many staffy breeders here in michigan. They seem like good people, and its only about 20 mins away from where i live. I just emailed them, hopefully I will get a reply soon. Thanks.

9. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Nope, there are very few. I only know of two - Blessings and Compact Staffords. I met Cathy when she was a member of the APBT UKC club here. If I had the room, I'd happily take in your little Stafford girl. I have a soft spot for those guys. :)

10. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

No prob man, I understand how that goes. I'd hold her in a heartbeat, but I'm just too far from home right now.