1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need a couple patterdales/jagd terriers to test some collars for me.

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by Hoyden, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I need a couple of patterdale and or jagd terriers that are really rough on gear to test some collars for me. I'm looking for working/hunting dogs that tend to get filthy, run through under brush, dig to china etc.

I picked up some reflective material that I want to test before I offer it for sale on my website, so I need to beat on it first.

Here is the deal, I send you a collar in your dog's size to test out for me for a period of 6 - 8 weeks, then you send it back to me. I send my testers a new piece of that gear to keep or a gift certificate to buy another piece of gear from me after they are done beating on the test piece.

I ask that you communicate with me about everything you do in it, including taking before and after pictures. If you end up slogging through mud, I like seeing the mud pictures and the pictures after you wash the gear. Go through prickers or harsh terrain, tell me about it , show me pictures of the gear after wards.

I want to know how it moves on your dog, I want to know if it rubs anywhere, how the material is wearing, how the strap material is holding up, how the embroidery is fairing. I want to know what your opinion is of the design, the fabric, the webbing, the hardware, ease of getting it on and off.

And after all of that, I want it back so I can take it apart and check all the internal pieces and make sure that all the components are wearing evenly.

I know I ask a lot, but I am fanatical about safety and durability. I've spent hundreds of hours researching materials, testing gear and thousands of dollars to make sure that my products hold up to my standards.

If this sounds good to you, send me an email at collars@petesdoggear.com to discuss it further.

2. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Hey, I copied and pasted this post into a Jagdterrier forum I am a member of. Hope you don't mind, just thought you might get a few more responses.

Brian

3. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Thanks Brian. I did get one email, not sure if it was from here though.

The people that beat on gear for me get new gear to keep, so they end up happy.

4. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

No problem, one thing they are saying over there though is that most of them who work their Jagds take their collars off before releasing them to hunt. With that in mind, I asked for some suggestions for you on products that may be of more use to them.

Brian

5. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Is this a forum that I can access? Could you message me a link if it is?

Even if their dogs are hard on gear, that works for me. I do a lot of testing in the salt marshes here in CT because that stuff is just damned nasty on gear. I got in trouble from the DEP warden for bringing home two 5 gallons of that nasty mud to leave collars in. LOL!

6. Ive got two little patterdales that I would love to try some collars on!!! Refelctive would be Awesome since theyre black n we go out at night a lot!!! Let me know what I can do?

[​IMG]

7. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

That would be awesome!!

Send me a message at collars@petesdoggear.com to discuss further.

That dog sure looks pleased with himself! :D