1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My sponsored puppy Jabari

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by maryellen1, Mar 31, 2006.

1. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

Jabari means Brave, Fearless in African. I am sponsoring him for a rescue in Oregon.. the mother dog lost 5 pups while giving birth, and 5 survived..

#1, Jabari, is being sponsored by Mary Ellen!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jabari's story is a bit dramatic...I dropped off Mom the the vet at around 8:30 am. Her temp had risen to 102.9 and I was freaking a bit. She should have had them, or at least been in more "active" labor at that point!! So we went out driving around until the vet called, and when the vet called she told me, "She's having them and won't take care of them, she is too stressed here, so come get her and bring her home".
    When I arrived, Jabari was lying all by himself at the other end of the cage from Mom and he was cold as an ice cube, and still wet!! I could not believe here he was in a VET OFFICE and was almost dying from lack of care!?
    (I am trying not to hold it against her as she's the only local vet without having to drive at least 30 miles!) So we brought him home, I had some concerns as he wasn't breathing well but gasping every 5-10 seconds or so. Once he got warmed up he finally came around but not for a good 2-3 hours after he was born.
    NOW you'd not know anything like that had happened, they are all doing so well. But...he is a strong, tough little survivor, because his first hour or so wasn't that great!!

[​IMG]

The first picture of Jabari:
    [​IMG]
    And Copper was dying of curiosity!
    [​IMG]

2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

That is the cutest lil' guy! Hope things continue to go well with him & the others!