1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My new roomate...

Discussion in 'Medical' started by hozomeen, Dec 13, 2008.

1. hozomeen

hozomeen Big Dog

Two and a half weeks ago or so an add on craigslist was filled and a new roommate moved in, along with a cute little 2year old female apbt and a male pug who i am sure was over a year old, he was in the process of rehoming. Well he re-homed the pug a week ago, and for the most part he had kept it crated while it was here.

This morning i was informed by him that he came across the pug in the back yard getting to Kira! He said "she's probably OK, but i just wanted to let you know". I asked him if they were locked and he said no, now i am the farthest thing from a breeder of any kind, i don't know the first thing about mating dogs, though if i remember reading on hear they don't have to lock up to for the unspeakable to be done.

I cant even imagine how sick i would be if she became pregnant, esp with a pug or anything other than her own breed. I was surprised that he could even reach but he said he was doing it.
    To say i am pissed is an understatement. Kira wasn't in heat so i wasn't really on watch, or worried about separating her.

What should i watch out for and how long before she might show or when i would know if it didnt happen. What would my options be. I haven't fixed her because i would like to work her in the future, show/weight pull.

2. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

If she wasn't in heat she isn't pregnant..he was probably just humping her

3. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I agree with the previous poster...if she isnt in heat there's no worry of her being pregnant, however, watch him and stop him from mounting her.
    That is a sign of dominance and your girl may not take it much more.

4. hozomeen

hozomeen Big Dog

whooohooo.. thank you, i wasnt sure if that "if she's not in heat, she's not pregnant" principal was true or not. Again thanks for the knowledge.