1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Mom thinks I am starving Chevelle.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by BarbaraClark, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I'm going to post pictures of my dog, Chevelle, you guys tell me what you think, and I am going to show my mother. She thinks she's too skinny and that I'm starving her. Please be nice, I know some of you guys can be a little snarky! Haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is also 8 months old, if that's relevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Tell your mom she should be proud that you're taking good care of her and not over feeding her. Just like people, its unhealthy for dogs to be over weight to.

3. MTZ

MTZ Pup

I think she could use 2-4 pounds, but she looks great!!!

4. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

At 8 months you should feed her so she can grow, you don't want to restrict her too much while she's still a pup!

5. Right now she is getting 2 cups of Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream a day. She's been getting more exercise recently though, so her weight is in limbo while I wait to adjust accordingly. Thanks for the advice guys. :)

6. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

I don't see any bones! Lmao! She looks good. Your mom Italian?? They like to make us eat

7. Nope :lol: she's just always free-fed and had pudgy little doggies so I don't think she knows any different. (She's probably going to fuss at me for that, haha.)

8. Icepick

Icepick Banned

She looks good and healthy to me! BgBlok68 said it best, keep your dog lean and mean, and she will benefit in the long run! Only thing I might suggest is if you keep her outside (which it doesnt look like you do), a few extra pounds during the winter is a pretty good idea. Just make sure you get them off in the spring.

9. raman781

raman781 Pup

Dog is still young, if Chevelle is running and super active, I would give 3 cups.
    The back of the bag is mainly for dogs that just lay around, you have to figure out how much work to how much food.
    She looks good, just feed more on the more active days.

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

looks ok to me barbara. i certainly wouldn"t get her any leaner though as she is only 8 months old

11. BBT

BBT Big Dog

She looks great.

12. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Might be a tiny bit thin for 8 months but looks fine to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  13. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Let her take a little weight, i personally like pups to be a lil more fat. It depends on genetics and if you doing lots of exercises lately, but feeding a lil bit wont hurt her.

14. elifan

elifan Big Dog

Looks good barbara most people think a fat dog is a healthy dog,when my mother comes over to my place i hear the same crap

15. Thanks everybody. :)