1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mouth & Bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by solid1kennels, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Re: Mouth & Bloodlines

Fargo had a tiny head so did bolero they both could crunch...

2. preme

preme CH Dog

i like my hounds head to look like a spade shovel the size doesnt determen if a hound can crunch that is just ludacris........

3. Robber

Robber Big Dog

?? Are you saying you think it is easier for a bitch to pass on hard mouth to offspring than a male?

4. dogman2007

dogman2007 Big Dog

jeep/redboy/rascal

5. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

That's wat he is saying!.....a I've heard this in discussions before and have seen it!!

6. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

? This is confusing. I have seen Broodstock Redboy dogs with crazy mouth...so a good mouth is where you find it and its not allways reproduced. If you got a male with mouth and a female without and breed them..That dont meen the pups will have it. And the ones that do dont really get it from the stud it could be the female throwing it..If he or she is got it its got it!

7. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I think mouth has more to do with willingness to bite then people think. Some dogs just dont try as hard as others. Gr. Ch. Yellow for instance it was said that Tant didnt like him when he first saw him cause he only put out enough effort to win. And he scratched slow. Now that being said smart dogs know when to crunch. But that doesnt mean all dogs jaws are equal it just explains why lil females sometimes crunch much harder then big males.

8. Re: Mouth & Bloodlines

i'm just sayin' what i've seen. the bitches with good a hard mouth tend to throw the same. the males with hard mouth not so much. i'll give you 1 ex. garners appletree, hard mouth but when bred produced dogs with average to good mouth. garners echo, very hard mouth. when bred produced dogs with hard mouths. when bred to each other, hard mouth.

9. Re: Mouth & Bloodlines

proven cross. rascal for the crunch. the ones that i seen that can really close it, the rascal is on the bottom.

10. culabula

culabula Big Dog

maybe the gene for it is carried on the x chromosome-that would explain why..Racehorse and greyhound breeders are big into x chromosome inheritance.

11. tankers

tankers Pup

I had a dog who was Eli/Rufus & Colby,it had the hardest bite I ever seen,damn thing would snap kongs in half all the time,but his drive was undeniable.I believe good gameness with good genes will bring a hard mouth on.

12. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Ok it just seems that way in my dogs.From my 35 pound vs 60 pound dogs,seems the bigger head doing more.It's hard to believe it has no help.Im no expert on the matter of difference just seemed logic to me.so i learned something new.

13. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I never said it determend it,just thought it helped a lot.

14. Re: Mouth & Bloodlines

outrightmike I get what your saying as in this video it proves a bigger head can bite down more power, but i am sure it is also possible for a smaller head to be able to clamp down just as hard if not harder.

Maybe its down to the wideness of the mouth more space means more of a build up when closing, as they say "the bigger you are the harder u fall", maybe "the wider the mouth the harder the bite", as small headed dogs can have wide mouth on them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDxe24ud90"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDxe24ud90[/ame]

15. Re: Mouth & Bloodlines

But then again it could be down to the individual dog. Bite force is basically the equivalent of throwing a punch, a heavy weight will not necessarily throw a harder punch than a light weight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB2Lzkacps&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB2Lzkacps&feature=related[/ame]

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

that study has always made me scratch my head...maybe im wrong, but something just tells me that APBT didnt hit that sleeve the way a working APBT would hit another dog in the []. i mean, the APBT is flat out outta his element. dogs bite cuz they want to, not head size, what lines their down off, etc....just a thought

17. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Thank's.I know i have heard over and over that the bigger the head on a rot the higher psi.

18. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Ive seen dogs with long muzzles with a small head CRUSHBONES!!!....but he was just a freak!!...he was a sealer Jr dog!!....I've seen plenty of big head dogs not bite worth of shit!!...chinaman,midnight cowboy, frisco didn't have big heads but they knew how to clamp down very, very hard!!!!

19. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

head size only means more weight, aint got jack to do with how hard they can bite. seen heads like greyhounds with bite of crocodiles.

20. hoghunter

hoghunter Pup

the hardest biting dogs are the ones that want to your more likely to find a hard mouth dog than a deep game one you know rather quickly if a dog bites hard but got to deep to see if its game. Wouldn't care if I ever owned a game dog rather have a beast with good coditioning and let you. Scoop up your game dog just my opinion been watchin this web site for a bit and reading all of your post and understand the fantasy of a yard full of game dogs but there is little reality in it time is not on our side and game is truly a measurement of time for most of you all seen many well coditioned curs with a real hard mouth take home the loot if the measurement was game dogs only this board wood be a lonely place if left to the wild dogs that where game with no mouth would starve to death. Made three post on this site and bash once so I'm 1 for 1 let's see if I go 1 for 2.