1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

most hated dog registry

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 1916, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 1916

1916 Big Dog

I was looking through the past two issues of the new SDJ and saw this registry has an ad at the end. Anyone know anything about them or what?

2. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

What registry is it?

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

4. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

hard to take them seriously with that name. I mean twenty years from now are we gonna have a "most hated registry"??? most likely not. I would say if people do not feel comfortable registering your animals through the adba then just keep track of your own peds. I mean really other than competitive conformation shows and weight pulls, what's the point of paying someone to keep all you and your dogs' info in a database??? oh wait, selling puppies :rolleyes:

5. 1916

1916 Big Dog

I'm only using ADBA and BFKC. Just saw their ad in the back and wondered about them,i checked the site,looks like they will register anything,another one out for some money.

6. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I don't register my personal dogs. I only do it when I sell one or give one to someone and they want papers. This day and age you shouldn't be registering your dogs. It just leaves a paper trail.

7. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

I think I will register mine as standerd yorkies will they do it ?:D:D

8. Jefferson

Jefferson Big Dog

Here is something to think about. We know the feds have infiltrated our ranks and even matched dogs to maintain their cover. We know they have provided locations for matches, and then raided them. They dont follow the rules as they hunt down every "dogfighter" they can find.

Would the feds also make kitchen table registries to gather intel? THat would give them names, addresses, and paperwork that shows who is breeding with who.

Think about it.

And then STOP REGISTERING YOUR DOGS with anyone! Keep your records private.

We need to stop making it easy for the other side. We dont need these registries.

9. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Your right!:)

10. bstmafia

bstmafia Pup

why dont you just ask the owner you can use his e mail it's posted on the add he is a real dog man no sugar coated wannabe

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

LOL they'll register any dog despite lack of pedigree etc. as long as you are "100%" sure of their breed huh? Sounds like an ambully and a backyard breeder's dream. In all honesty, forget registries. Every registry is in it for money and I guarantee you with the right amount of $$$, I can have a lab or presa canario registered as an apbt, even in the adba. If they are registering bullies with only the first and 2nd generation known, then what does that tell you about the reputation of the kennel?

12. TALLMAN

TALLMAN Pup

I have spent (wasted) so much money for over 40 years registering my dogs. Several months back I registered one and I regret it. I will not do it again. I was always a perfectionist when it came to to what Norman Hooten wrote me many years ago: " Truth in breeding, shown in correct pedigrees are important to those who wish to continue with a solid , honest breeding program". By adhering to that school of thought, I always, eventually fell out with all the other "dogmen" because, as they put it, I was too damned honest. Or, they would say; I did not make the rules to the game, and if you don't play by them you will lose. Of course this all referred to peddling dogs. I just happened to disagree with them and felt that a lying, stealing SOB was just that, no excuses. Almost all the dogs as registered have incorrect papers. Especially, in the last 20 years. I see dogs listed all the time that are really bred down from my old stock that have faked pedigrees. What can you say or do? Peddlers believe that if you run into a good dog, make it yours(change pedigree to your line)