1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More Acceptance for Open Adoption Policies

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by KC Dog Blog, Jun 23, 2014.

1. KC Dog Blog

KC Dog Blog KC Dog Blog RSS Feed

About a decade ago, long befoer we ever conceived of the idea of KC Pet Project, or running a shelter, or writing this blog, or me ever being much involved in the idea of advocating for animals, I had several...

More from KC Dog Blog...

2. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Its easier to adopt a Human Girl from China then it is to adopt a fucking dog from one of those tree hugging mutha fuckas LMAO.

3. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I made the mistake of going to a rescue once. Can't recall the name of the rescue but these mfers will try to size you up as soon as you walk in and talk to you like you don't know a dog from a cat. Don't both have furs?? They will intentionally try to make you feel like you are nobody. All kidding aside, I was declined for unknown reasons. I had my landlord's approval in hand so I wasn't sure if because I was single, work 10+ hours, didn't own a home or maybe all of the above?? I admit, it felt like a slap in the face because I already had one dog and it's not like I haven't spent a shit ton of money on it already, so I proceeded to email a few people at the organization asking for an explanation. I was told that given my circumstances they didn't think I was a suitable candidate and that it wasn't in the best interest of the animal.. wtf?!!?!!?! I ended up reading a bunch of reviews of this place some weeks after then it all came together. Not saying all of them are bad just my experience.

4. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

HSUS is only trying to save face after all the bad press. When a tv personality has 2 hunting dogs purposefully run down on a highway in Texas they contacted HSUS and ASPCA. For help. They were told basically since they were hunting dogs their lives were not important. They refused any help. These groups swing whatever way generates more money and good press. I agree that the restriction are insane for adopters. At a shelter they live in 4x8 kennels but a 400 or 800 square foot apartment is to small. Smh

Shotgun
    Arkansas