1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mma @ the garden this weekend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eddieem, Aug 27, 2010.

1. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

ufc 118 in my hometown this weekend for the first time!!!!...a couple of local fighters on the card too...ken flo has his work cut out for him and he has to win or he might not get a tittle shot for a long time...already had his shot twice and no dice..james toney gets spanked imo..but hey,he has a punchers shot i guess :rolleyes: should be a good time in the bean

2. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I think Toney does have a punchers chance till he gets taken down.Florian has improved.I agree with he must win now.Toney wasted alot of years by not being in shape.Anybody know what Toney is making for this fight?

3. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I actually think Toney wins this one. He will shock the world tomorrow night.

4. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I'm gonna see the fight at the IMAX theater. Can't wait to see BJ beat the brakes off Edgar. Couture is gonna take this one, Toney gotta hit him before he gets in the clinch, he's only have two or three shots to get a good punch in before he gets put down for the round. I think florian is gonna win with his technical skills and he been training with GSP so that should up his game a bit. Overal I think it's one of the best cards I seen in a while.

5. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I just hope to see some good fights. Hope BJ can get his belt back, but of he doesn't I'm not going to lose any I sleep. I see Couture grinding out a win, but would not be surprised Tony catches him. I see Ken Flo getting the W. Beating GSN? Nope.

6. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

Really wardog,man i think Toney only has a punchers chance.i watched sum of Toneys last fights he didnt look gud then.i'd bet u sum money on that one..lol

7. TJRED

TJRED Pup

Im going for Captain America and BJ.

8. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

Oops! I mean GSP not GSN lol Game Show Network

9. deerhunter

deerhunter Big Dog

Toney looks like he weighs 300 lbs right now and will pay for being out of shape IMO.

10. venom

venom Top Dog

tony always looks 300 pounds lol

11. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Randy Couture is going to stomp a mudhole in Toney's fat ass, lol. Seriously though I think Randy will dominate this one from the word go....he has been in there with far better, and made them look foolish. Let's hear it for Couture!

12. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

that was always the knock on toney..out of shape

same for bj..not out of shape but dosnt come in tip top shape cardio wise..i love bj tho..i hope he handles his shit and comes in ready to go 5 rounds

13. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Yeah I never got that with Tony.Hell of a fighter but after he lost at middleweight then moved up he really didn't come in shape.You would think when a fighter signs to fight he would do everything he can to win the fight.Being out of shape really makes things harder.If you are out of shape more then likely you won't mentally have it together either.There are fighters that post on here.I would like to hear what they're thoughts on being out of shape going into a fight are?

14. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I hope you are right!Here is the weigh-in----

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7CcEUS-5g[/ame]

15. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

you can have all the talent in the world..when you get gassed its a chore just breathing let alone trying to defend yourself or finish someone

and alot of times fighters are matched up somewhat closer to each other skill wise, in these times the guy who is in shape to fight will win..

how many times you see a fight and its back and forth the whole fight and then the guy in shape starts coming on strong to steal the fight @ the end..

happened to me my last fight...i won the first round..second round could of went either way and the other guy won the last round to take the decision by judges card

16. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

toney, one fekin accurate powerful puncher with 4 oz gloves. it might be lights out for couture

17. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

if corture dont take it to the ground quick like...... lightsout

18. venom

venom Top Dog

Well that was quick...
    tony said he worked on his take down defense for 9 months... more like 9 minutes.

19. NewDogg09

NewDogg09 Pup

Toney looked like a cur last night lol and Couture did exactly what we a expected...too easy for Randy! Maynard looked good and can't wait to see him face Edgar for the belt!! Really wanted my boy BJ to win though!! Ohh well though he's still considered one of the great and probably will go into the ufc hall of fame one day

20. venom

venom Top Dog

tony held out longer than i thought his chubby ass would on the ground. he made it like 2 or 3 min down there lol