1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

millmaker book?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by 1916, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 1916

1916 Big Dog

has anyone ordered this from SDJ,just curious to know how long it takes to show in the ol email.

2. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Where do you get this? and how much is it?

3. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

You should have it by now...

4. 1916

1916 Big Dog

yup,got it this morning,thanks SDJ.

5. gar

gar Banned

Does the sdj 2010 have the legal right to sell another mans work? Dont you think his widow might need the money ,instead of them stealing his work?

6. Boze

Boze Top Dog

well considering the man is dead and the sdj bought the book and the book is no longer in print he can do whatever the hell he wants

7. 1916

1916 Big Dog

pretty good read,doesn't give you much on how to make a treadmill

8. gar

gar Banned

You mean the sdj bought the rights to the book , or just bought the book like every other joe ?
    And i wonder if they wouyld like me to sell their online magazine , to other people ,but cheaper .? what im saying is unless they have the legal right to copy and sell his work , then its stealing , and for the help it would give his family i would think most guys would want her and his family to get the benefit , not someone else .Would any of you like that to happen to them, would fatbill whos a mod here like to have his year books sold asa an online or reprint at less cost after doing all the hard work of putting it all toggether , i dont think so .

9. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i see your point, but the book is no longer being sold unlike the sdj, or the AGDT volumes, so it ius not cutting into the business of the millmakers family. if they wanted to sell it they would but since the book is out of print and not being sold anymore by anyone it is very different than selling a book for less than it is being offered by the original author

10. venom

venom Top Dog

I guess that depends on when the book was actually copywritten in the first place and all the other things that come with it like renewals and stuff like that. I say if nobody is in current posession of those rights, the book is out of print, then whoever puts in the effort to have it reprinted, marketed, and sold should benefit, no?

11. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Lemm is dead,no books being published..plus this is all underground,or supposed to be,so I'm pretty sure no one with any sense is going to go running their mouth to the cops about someone copying books and selling the copies.

12. 1916

1916 Big Dog

lol,yeh,just like that.

13. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Says on their web sight they are still selling the book and videos.

14. 1916

1916 Big Dog

oh well. Cheaper through SDJ.

15. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

well look at it this way- a copywright on books and stuff is supposed to be good for 50 years after the author- or who ever gets it dies. so yep this is a type of theft- dan