1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Microchip and Adoption Tip

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by StopAnimalAbuse, Aug 3, 2004.

1. When I adopted my pit back in the end of April of this year, the shelter microchipped her.
    They gave me the information on the number of the microchip and the number to call that registers her number in the computer. I decided to make sure Oakley was registered to me with my address on file. I called the number and gave them the microchip # the shelter chipped her with. WELL---- they did not have her number nor my name registered in their database. SOOO, I called the shelter and asked why Oakley's number and my name are not registered?????? That was back in end of May. The shelter still does not have Oakley or my name registered to her microchip. !!!! I just called the shelter again yesterday and they still have not returned my call. BEWARE OF THIS.

Long story short, right now she has a useless microchip in her. I will be spending the $15.00 (again) to register her properly. I will not wait for the shelter to do it -- even though that is part of the adoption fee.

Registering your microchip varies depending on who keeps the records for that microchip. the cost can range from $10.00 to 25.00.

also, if you have your dog chipped at the vet make sure you follow up on the registry of the chip and that you are on as owner with your correct address.

This is very important especially if your dog tends to run and if your dog is not registered properly - the person or shelter that picks the dog up will never know who the owner is

VERY SCARY THOUGHT. Just wanted to share with you ........