1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

McGregor /Aldo fight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Dec 11, 2015.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I always think back to the great "philosophizer" Mike Tyson. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

I thought Aldo would have implemented his plan, or at least attempted to implement it before he got punched in the face.

Bus so goes the fight game.

S

2. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Very tough way for such a long term and great champion to go out. I think ring rust was a factor but I also think McGregor really got into Aldo's head. From the walk in till the fight began he was pale, looked nervous and would not meet McGregor's eyes let alone even look his way. When the fight started he was to uptight, not relaxed and......

3. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Speaking of Aldo not using his legs, check this. The first contact of McGregor's was stepping on Aldo's knee. It was like saying to him, this little piggy stays down for today...! 13 seconds but if you watch it again or even better in slo-motion you will realize the gameplan of McGregor. I love MMA!

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

post the link

5. niko

niko CH Dog

The story ended the same as it does for almost all fighters..you stay in to long eventually you will get beat.Aldo got old

6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Aldo shoulda stayed active before this fight. I think the champ should defend once a yr

7. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Damn 13 seconds he shoulda bounced around more coulda did at least 30 haha

8. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Aldo old? Silva lost at 36! Aldo is 29! WTF!

9. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

lol...
    Aldo cur before it started head down look a man in his eyes not his feet!
    but Aldo left hit Conor his eye was cut but Conor left landed on the button lights out!

10. niko

niko CH Dog

So...machida was unbelievable till he was 35 and royce was the sh@! Till he was 36.look at Angel torres unbeatable till he was around 30...some age quicker the others

11. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Aldo did that in all his fights, the head down. And for 10 years he was undefeated...
    Sorry to correct you, but I am a full-time UFC fan!

12. niko

niko CH Dog

That was always his style kind of like wanderlei silva...he was a gteat champ but its time to pass the torch

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I only have one thing to say>>>>>REMATCH<<<<< LOL

14. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

that was a lil joke a joke from me lol.. aldo is a great fighter just look tight

15. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

McGregor for sure got into his head...

16. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

What are your opinions on a rematch ?

17. niko

niko CH Dog

Probably ends the same way

18. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

When your lights turn off, this means brain damage, concusion. This happens when your brain crushes on your skull-bone.
    After the first time, your lights will turn off more easy, cause of that brain injury.
    That is why, never a fighter after a legit KO, is never the same, simple as that.
    Silva knocked out versus Weidman 1 and at the second bout, his lights turned off in the first round also. Until then, Silva never experienced a lights out, remember the beating he got from Sonnen and the lights were on!
    Chad Mendes, 5 rounds with Aldo, still up. McGregor knocks him out and the other day with a simple punch from Frankie Edgar, out!
    I think this answers the question for a rematch between McGregor-Aldo & Holm-Rousey...!

19. niko

niko CH Dog

Chuck liddell and Roy jones are a good example of that

20. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I think it's confidence. Lenox Lewis got KTFO and did Rahman the same. And many more