1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

McGregor /Aldo fight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Dec 11, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Yes his last fight spoke volumes about when he gets put out of his comfort zone. I hope Aldo breaks his jaw tonight, McGregor getting handed a beat down will look almost as good as the one Holly gave that other chick...was her name lol

2. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Lol the nameless beauties problem is her coach. He found a cash hog and is holding her back. If she went to tristar, aka, blackhouse, Rufus sports, American top team, or Jackson's and had proper striking training she'd be a much better fighter. She faced a multiple time world champ in striking and it showed. She barn stormed in and all her holes were shown. She had a false sense of security in her sloppy boxing after bethe due to that lame ass coach of hers. Yes maned her into a loss. If I were her I'd leave and branch out. First stop personally would be to Rufus sports or where ever Duane Ludwig is coaching now. She need a striking savant to break her down to bare bones and build her back up all while taking the reigns and putting her in check.

3. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

That is exactly correct, a false sense of security. Up to that point she had not faced a seasoned world caliber fighter. No matter who she trains with they will not be able to bring her striking up to Holly's level, not even close. Also look at each womans structure, Holly has long limbs and her body is conditioned to strikers perfection from a life time of Boxing x Kick Boxing training. That other chick has more a grapplers build. When I use to read her talking about wanting to try pro boxing I use to think good luck to ya.

4. war machine

war machine Big Dog

I agree she won't be a female Pettis going to Rufus sports but they could at least make it to where it doesn't seem like a domestic assault in the cage lol. It was like watching the occasion cardio kickboxer fighting a pro. I feel she has too many ventures at once. Kill the acting and bs get the right ppl in your camp and do your job which is fighting. She's definitely a talent and it's sad to see her go out like that. It was also terrible to see the world turn on her after he loss. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age lol

5. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

6. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Did Winklejon get her young and mold her or did she have a base when she went to Jacksons? She's very technical and precise. Guess I've been sleeping on the ladies some lol. Seeing her and Jones training I noticed she is built very similar(long lanky athletic) great things for keeping distance and being and elite striker.

7. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

A base ? Kind of lol....

Boxing[edit]
    Overall
    16 title defenses won at three different weight classes
    World Boxing Federation
    WBF Female World Light Welterweight Championship (One time)[56]
    WBF Female World Welterweight Championship (One time)[57]
    2012 Female Fighter of the Year[58]
    2012 Female Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on June 15[58]
    Women Boxing Archive Network
    WBAN World Welterweight Championship (One time)[59]
    WBAN World Junior Welterweight Championship (One time)[60]
    WBAN World Junior Middleweight Championship (One time; First)[61]
    2012 Biggest Comeback of the Year[62]
    2011 Fight of the Year vs. Anne Sophie Mathis on December 2[63]
    2010 Fighter of the Year[64]
    2009 Most Accomplished of the Year[65]
    2008 Highest Achievements of the Year[66]
    2007 Fighter of the Year[67]
    2007 Most Improved Boxer of the Year[67]
    2006 Most Improved Boxer of the Year[68]
    2005 Hottest Rising Star of the Year[69]
    2005 Upset of the Year vs. Christy Martin on September 16[69]
    World Boxing Council
    WBC Female World Welterweight Championship (One time)[70]
    NABF Female Light Welterweight Championship (One time)[71]
    Global Boxing Union
    GBU World Welterweight Championship (One time)[70]
    Women's International Boxing Association
    WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship (One time)[72]
    WIBA World Welterweight Championship (One time)[70]
    International Female Boxers Association
    IFBA World Welterweight Championship (One time)[70]
    IFBA World Light Middleweight Championship (One time)[73]
    2006 Fighter of the Year[74]
    World Boxing Association
    WBA Female World Welterweight Championship (One time; First)[75]
    International Boxing Association
    IBA Female World Welterweight Championship (Three times)[59][70]
    IBA Female World Light Welterweight Championship (Three times; First)[76][77][78]
    AwakeningFighters.com
    2012 AOCA / Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award[79]
    BadLeftHook.com
    2012 Female Comeback Fighter of the Year[80]
    BoxRec
    Highest ranked female boxer in automated all-time pound-for-pound rankings at the time of her retirement from boxing. By the time of winning her UFC championship she dropped to #2 in pound-for-pound rankings but still was #1 in welterweight[81]
    The Ring
    2006 Female Fighter of the Year[74]
    2005 Female Fighter of the Year[82]
    New Mexico Boxing
    2013 Hall of Fame Inductee[83]
    2010 Fighter of the Year[84]
    2009 Fighter of the Year[84]
    2008 Fighter of the Year[84]
    2007 Fighter of the Year[84]
    2006 Fighter of the Year[84]
    2005 Fighter of the Year[84]
    Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame
    2005 Female Athlete of the Year[85]
    Kickboxing[edit]
    International Kickboxing Federation
    IKF/Ringside 2001 USA National Amateur International Rules Welterweight Championship[86]

8. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Lmao guess I should've asked if was like Jones and stumbled in at a young age and is strictly their student. I'm gonna get my Google and youtube fired up and stalk her life after I enjoy that pm and before the fights tonight.

9. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

10. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Well that's it for me for today, hope all who were polite when asking received the link to get the fight tonight free. I received a lot of mail but am pretty sure I got them all. Cheers and I am sure there will be lots of chatting regarding the outcome of the fights tonight...

11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm chiming in late. A couple of thoughts.
    ...Macgregor looks weak. Light in the face. 145lbs is a real stretch for him. It looked like a harder cut this time. For the fan in me I hope he hydrates well and it is a good show. The other part of me hope he gets his head kicked in and then the other part of me likes the cockiness. I am hoping for a good show..
    If Aldo gets a few leg kicks in early. I think MacGregor ends up on the ground and in a world of trouble. MacGregor dictates the distance and it could be a long night for Aldo.

I too am more interested in the Weidman/Rockhold fight. Both are excellent all around and both cut weight with the best of them. Should be a good one.

As far as Rousey, I agree she has a lack of world class training and coaching. On weigh in it looked like her cut did not go in well. She looked off to me and in the fight she looked weak. When they hit the floor she has always been bigger, faster and stronger. This time not so much. Couple that with Holm being a world class fighter. It was a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Hopefully tonight is not a bust.

S

12. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

It's not looking good for weidman

13. Forever-So REAL

:ohshit: new champion rockhold

14. Forever-So REAL

Holy shit one punch talk the talk and walk the walk words of conor

15. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Next is Frankie Edgar for him though. The man who put Connors hardest test to sleep last night.... I'll give the lil Irish fuck he pulled it off.

16. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Conor got into Aldo's head afterall. He made him overaggressive, Conor took a step back and calmy landed that clean left to the chin, just enough so the lights go out. As he predicted in the weigh-ins. I am not a McGregor fan but the kid knows what he says. He said that he saw tension in Aldo's right hand in the weigh-ins, that he prepares that heavy right to be thrown and that he would do exactly what he did! Step back pop!

17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I will give him credit as well. He won the 'pre-fight' and then the 'real fight'.

This one also falls into the group of 'why did you do that' in professional sports? In baseball, your best pitch is the breaking pitch and he is the best fast ball hitter in the game. Why does the testosterone flood the brain and challenge him down the middle only to see it sail out of the park. In football you run the ball 8 times from one end of the field to the other and then throw the ball three times from the 8 to get in, not only settling for a field goal, but leaving so much time for the next guy. In basketball I have a 15 point lead while dominating the paint and with 6 minutes to go start yanking three's like they are going out of style.

Everything Jose Aldo ever did either was from the vicious leg kick itself or the other guy over compensating to prevent another leg kick. He barely picked his feet up to come across. Why he would trade hands with some one who's strength is to trade hands, when your hands are not your best option is beyond me.

I have to make an adjustment because I know you are making an adjustment to the adjustment I am making before either adjustment is made I make another adjustment in order to offset you adjustment that you chose not to make because it might not be the best suited adjustment to the adjustment I may or may not have made.

Just play your game. Being mentally beat is far worse than being physically beat.

Great pre-fight tactics. Not my favorite crap to listen to, but in this case he lured him right in. Congrats. S

18. war machine

war machine Big Dog

A friend an I were talking and he asked me "have you ever been in a fight?" "Well yeah." "you ever been hit?" "Of course." "did you heal?"

I gotta agree with slim here the physical pain and beating is nothing compared to the war your own mind can play on you. No matter what weidman said to A.S. or Connor said to McGregor they know who their is opponent is and what they're capable of. They just harness that energy and used it to their advantage for the win.

19. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Slim I think you hit the nail on the head. Aldo legs always was a great weapon for him. It had to be all in his head.

20. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Anybody know what channel will have the free replay?