1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

May Need Assistance from a Rescue

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Renee, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Renee

Renee Big Dog

This guy . . . he lost his home suddenly due to domestic violence. We can get him into short term foster and probably have a couple of people lined up for long term - maybe forever.

BUT, the AC officer decided he had a bite history. HE DOES NOT. The officer later admitted that he might have Reggin confused with a call he got on another pit bull. Reggie's not a well pedigreed fella. He's a lover, not a fighter; he's not a handsome game-bred dog, but he's sweet and loyal and everything a good family dog should be.

My crew at Chazhound can get him taken care of long term, but we may need someone affiliated with rescue to intervene quickly to keep the needle out of his leg and get him sprung if the shelter won't release him to the owner in the morning. My short term foster person can pick him up Saturday.

[​IMG]

So . . . anyone who can intervene, well, there aren't enough thanks. You can reach me via PM here and I will PM Marty my e-mail address to give out to anyone who asks for it.

2. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

try hearts of gold rescue. i don't have their number anymore but i'm pretty sure they have a website. the women i know that work with them are from west tennessee, but i think there are some toward nashville who work with that group. if i can find their number tonight i'll send it to you pm.

3. Renee

Renee Big Dog

It might help if I'd mentioned that he's in Washington state *facepalm*

But any rescue that would help intervene for us would be GREAT.

4. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

if i was closer i could help but im down south az so thats to far of a drive sorry i will look around and talk to some to see if they can help out

5. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

Please update us when you can.

6. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I forget the name but there is a rescue that post a lot on this sites sister site PITBULL CHAT.

7. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

Try pbrc.net for rescues in that area.

8. Renee

Renee Big Dog

It didn't end well. Either the "rescue" that supposedly is committed to finding homes killed Reggin the same afternoon he was surrendered - lying to our members who called to check on him and let them know we were working to get him into a home or rescue, or they lied to the owner when she realized there was hope and tried to spring him.

Either way, they lied.

Amazing how much you can cry over a dog you've never even met.

9. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Dang. Sorry about that. RIP Reggin :(

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

You know, I'm just hearing way too much crap about "rescue". I don't think its the way to go in these situations. I would try to get the dog into a private home before I'd ever let one go into the chaos, stress and ignorance that is "rescue"....what IS it with RESCUE being the ones that have to intervene in these cases? "Rescue" is pulling the wool over a lot of these animal control and law enforcement agencies...

Rest well, Reggin. I too felt something for you too...

Dreamer

11. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Well sometimes rescues are the only ones with authority to pull out dogs. I dunno. I don't think rescue is a good way to go either, especially with these dogs

12. Gracey

Gracey Big Dog

i dont understand why would they kill him?? thats bs :confused: :(

13. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Yeah, that's what I want to know....how did "rescue" get this authority?

If dog warehouses can get the authority, why can't individuals?

Dreamer

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Probably because a breed specific rescue will [or should] be able to determine whether the dogs temperment is appropriate for being adopted out as they will [or should] hold them for an assesment period in an experienced foster home, as well, rescues tend to [or should] screen homes more completely than most shelters are allowed to. Most rescues do home checks, reference checks, etc.. where most shelters don't do that. Of course this is all in theory, if a rescue is doing it right, although that's not often the case, and I speak from experience. :mad: