1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Making a Slat mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Buck E. Owens, May 8, 2009.

1. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

is this enought or too much?

23.6" (60cm) wide x 47.2" (120cm) long

note that i talk about inside of body frame

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'm doing 13'' slats so I've got to have at least a16'' frame, i figure, mines wider now, but I'm shimming the side boards in and keeping one at track height, and the other at dog shoulder height. but didn't want to cut already squared material.

it depends i think on weather you want a mill like this....
    [​IMG]

where the main wheels are under the moll, and kept on track , by four roller, inline/or/blade wheels.

Or this....split rim which does it for you with the lip on it to , hold the track steady and straight.
    http://www.gokartsupply.com/spinner.htm

[​IMG]
    http://www.angelfire.com/az3/winmill/

3. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

i like joannas one but i prefer winmill because back end is lower and dog tail doesent tap on the sides.

maybe one mixed from both:D

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

only dig difference is the big main wheels, and how its aligned and kept that way.

5. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

The length at 47 " is fine but that is very wide at 23.6 most dogs can run on slats between 12" and 14" . So i would figure a inside diameter on the frame should be between 14 and 16 " . anything wider than that your belt will be pretty heavy and not as free spinning . And with a slat that is say 12" x 2 1/2 x 1/4- 1/2 (depends on wood ) The dog will run in the center and not to the sides .

6. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

i see, thanks

7. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Any Progress on the mill Buck ?

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2010
  9. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Wow a 48' diameter Jenny , Don Mayfield style cool . I like the platform should be very solid . I dont know if you have seen the Scorpion portable Jenny they used to make but it was nice i believe it was 30' in diameter