1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lure course anyone?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by siccen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. siccen

siccen Big Dog

So, I was watching some footage of some dogs doing competition in a lure course. I would like to be able to enter my dog in a lure course maybe. Has anyone ever done this?

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I've done it at the ADBA shows. It's a blast, and the dogs love it.

3. sweetscience

sweetscience Big Dog

Is anyone familiar with the wicked brand lure machines? If so, what are your views on them. I am thinking about purchasing one

Thanks

4. Staub

Staub Big Dog

sweetscience there is a lady who's husband builds them from the Mid Florida ADBA club. Tri-state ADBA club has one it's a very nice machine. I don't know the exact price but I think the machine was around 500 but you still would have to buy your pulleys and stuff like that. I know the companies you can buy from aren't very cheap. Siccen if you want to compete, the only thing you can do to prep is just seeing what your dog likes to chase. I've met people who's dogs like flirt pole but they don't want to run the lure course. A plastic bag is what we use so you could try that. Most dogs will do it their first time though they love it.