1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lousy first post

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Timbo, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Timbo

Timbo Pup

Greetings all,

I'm located in central Missouri and have recently (3 days ago) become the guardian of five puppies (8-10 weeks old). They were under my deck eating bird seed the evening before our temperatures plummeted to zero so in that sense I was happy to find them before it was too late.

I'm actually very happy to have them as "company" but they can't stay. I already have seven dogs of my own...no pit bulls as our covenants specifically outlaw pit bulls among several other breeds...not an issue I would have anticipated having. It won't be an issue until they're bigger, but now is a perfect time for a new family to socialize them properly.

I have contacted every rescue and they all can provide material support, but no shelter. I really only wanted contacts. Shelters are terrible for this breed and these poor little guys and gals have had it pretty rough already.

My wife and I have been working our networks trying to find permanent homes. We have two solid families to take two as their pets. We may have a third, but after that we're going to have to deal with strangers.

We've always been able to do better for strays or foster animals, but the stigma surrounding this breed is bigger than I ever knew.

I'm willing to pay for initial vaccinations and even a spay/neuter if performed by my local veterinarian. I get a significant discount for foster and rescue animals. I'm not asking for anything in return other than a good home for these puppies.

What I really need are solid leads to decent people who really want these dogs. They are beautiful puppies and are living high on the hog with heat and 3 hots and a cot. I would keep them all if I could and I mean that.

Anyone who can help, I will be eternally grateful.

Pictures on request.

Thanks,
    Timbo

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Your right,the stigma about this breed is terrible,some people don't give them a chance.How do you reckon they got to your place,do you think someone dumped them or does maybe a neighbor of yours has some that followed their mama off and got left behind.I'd probably check with the neighbors,see if they're missing some pups.Anyway,it's a good thing you found them,I know it's been freezing cold where I'm at.I'm close to the Branson area and I'm sure it's colder up north where your at than it is here.The pups would of had a rough time out in this cold.You got any pics you could post up here?Anyway,I wish you the best of luck in finding them a home.

3. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

i applaud you... wish there were more people like you. and every one of those pups should be fixed

4. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

What State are you in?

5. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

he said he's in central missouri.

6. Timbo

Timbo Pup

Happy happy

In less than a week we managed to find great homes for all of them. I still have two, but the pick up is on Friday so no one is left last.

I have to say I love the personality of the breed. I still love my kerry blue terriers and the other mutts I have, but pits are a flavor of a different color and pretty wonderful. Such a beautiful animal with cognition well beyond most dogs.

I do foster year round so if anyone in Missouri has puppies in the future, shoot me an email.

I'm a big fan.

Thanks to everyone for the support and help. Hopefully I will return the favor.