1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

looking for recommended breeders of pure blue nose apbt pups NO BULLYS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by brooklynboy, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thank you so much this was the best answer i got all day

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

The only problem with Yahoo answers is the people may or may not know what they're talking about,I could go on and give instructions to brain surgery but my advice would be to not listen to my advice on that subject,lol A game bred APBT is doable for the right people in the right circumstances.They are an energetic breed that needs exercise,so being cooped up all the time isn't good.They're best for one pet homes or homes that can keep them separated. Considering what they were originally bred for,animal aggression is to be expected.Animal aggression does not mean human aggression but can still make you pretty unpopular with the neighbors if your dog kills their pet.In several areas the animal control officers will even put your dog down for it. If you own a APBT,the humane society is not your friend. I don't appreciate the bully bred dogs at all,but as watered down as these are they may very will be animal aggressive.Less likely but still very possible,the only difference is the game bred dogs will be much better at it. I've got several APBT's but I keep them seperated from other animals all i can and even then i find oppossums and other animals dead in the chainspots,and the occasional stray dog.So even if your dog is contained if another loose animal gets into the wrong spot,there could be a problem. But with all that said if you own a cat,several breeds might be cat killers. The best way to know how a dog would be around animals is with a grown dog so you know how it is.There's no telling with a puppy.All in all,the APBT is a great breed,and i always plan on having them but they are very time consuming,and if you live with close neighbors are more problems than with other breeds.I can't advise every new owner to get a bully,mainly cause I really don't like the breeding of bullies,but the game bred ones are a handful.

3. separating the cat and the dog is easy because my room in the house is in the basement and the cat never comes down here if the dog was to come up the stairs with me it was obv that i would first make sure the cat is somewere safe from the dog i have a fence around the lawn outside so no worry about somebody getting their pet killed unless it came into my yard walking the dog could be a bit of a pain if he is not friendly toward other dogs but i am prepaired to take that responsibility....if i do find a good breeder and actually do get one of these puppies i plan to have him and the get spend some time together under my supervision while he is small so just maybe he can see that the cat is also a member of the house and not a chew toy but like you said not so easy to tell as pups and i know exactly what you mean with yahoo answers

4. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

How big is that fence? Keep in mind these dogs are athletic and can jump.

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

6. cannot lie it is only about 3-4 feet im not too sure how high these dogs can jump but knowing dogs im sure it can probably clear it im guessing

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

these dogs can clear 6' fences...this is the kinda thing i was talking about. learning that the hardway can be very expensive.
    it'll cost you money and possibly a dog

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

no problem...most on here know im a bit of a smart ass. lol...read them all and you still wont know enough. hands on experience is your best bet, and if you dont know anyone with dogs, attend an ADBA show and meet some folks. when owners speak up and talk dogs, listen alot and talk very little.

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

They can clear 4 feet easy,I keep mine on a chain unless i'm doing something with them,but I don't know what your regulations are where you're at.

10. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

Yea a pit will clear that size fence easily.. As Lee said, you could loose a dog making that mistake. Keep reading about the breed and how to keep the dog so you can illuminate some of those mistakes when you actually get a dog

11. my best bet would to just either go to home depot and buy a taller fence maybe 6ft im guessing

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

chainspot man... its easier to setup, contains a dog as well as any kennel will, and it doesnt cost as much $$$$

ive seen 6-8 month old pups scale 6' kennels that didnt have a top on em

13. i know what you mean by i can read them all and still not know enough every dog will also have its own personality like a human i am guessing as well i do know quite a few with pits not 100% on if they are AKC,UKC,or ADBA but i have asked them how they dealt with other days when coming across and how they have dealt with other house hold pets and i get mostly positive answers except for 1 because his dog just hates everything and everyone except my friend (the owner)

14. i was thinking about that but i dont want the poor guy to be limited to only 10ft or so of the yard i want him to be able to run around in it and enjoy it without being chained or leashed up all the time but i would 100% need that fence first haha

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

a 10' chain gives a dog 300+ ft of area ( area of a circle...pie x radius squared)....thats the same as a 15 x 20 foot kennel

16. not that you put it that way that isnt so bad either well played lee you win this one lol i never thought of it like that and that is a veru good point (not being a wise ass) lol

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

when at the farm, my dogs have a 20 foot chain and they seem like they are all over the yard. just get ya a SOLID collar or they might as well be running loose...no walmart shit. stillwater is good stuff at a good price.

18. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

My dog cleared an 8' fence last week.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

and then what did it do? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.