1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Look Who's Back!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Zoe, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

It's Roxy Roller {as in she rolls on her back and submissive pees all over your feet! lol } Here she is peeing all over James! lol

[​IMG]
    Her family wasn't what they made themselves out to be, so a year later, she is back in the pack. Here's an old picture of her which is much nicer as she was too excited tonight to be a cooperative model! lol

[​IMG]

Even though she is a TOTAL freak, she is one of my most FAVORITE fosters. Well, you know me and the brats. I just love them! lol

Roxy is available for adoption, again, through Bully Buddies. :D

2. squirt07

squirt07 Big Dog

She is so cute! Where is she at?

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

She's in British Columbia, Canada. :D

4. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Roxy left on the weekend on a foster to adopt pending her and the resident male mastiff get along well. Keep your fingers crossed guys. This girl deserves a forever home. As it stands now, Mr. Mastiff is not quite appreciating her presence but they are persevering to see if they can make it work. If worse comes to worse.... I get my squishy girl back so it's not all bad. lol

5. Attila

Attila Guest

Poor dog. If it doesn't work this time you should keep her. Dog will never gain confidence bouncing from home to home like that. She is a good looking dog.

6. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Ya know.... if it was any other dog, all the hopin' around might concern me but this girl is completely unflappable. She thinks everythings a big party. Loves everyone. Maybe I should rename the "submissive" peeing. It's more like "OH MY GAUD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE JUST SO BLOODY COOL I HAVE TO SHOW YOU MY BELLY AND PISS ALL OVER YOU!" lol Really it's more like excitment peeing because she's just so happy to see everyone, she's like my girl Arez minus the peeing! Arez wants you to know right off the bat she's fine with the fact she's lower on the rung than the rest of the world so she can get on with the proving of her love! lol She's a total trip. Confident, outgoing, goofy and full of love. I would LOVE to keep her. I hated to see her go to be honest. The dogs I end up keeping seem to be the ones that aren't messed up enough to kill but not rock solid enough to adopt out. I'm now up to seven keepers! :eek: Two by default.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

Well I have over a dozen dogs. However I didn't adopt them. on or two yes but most are products of my kennel. But for those that can adopt that is great. I can't as they are often not trained to leave my chickens and sheep alone.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

LOL No doubt! If I lived out in the boonies I'd be drowning in dogs! lol Living in the city though, seven house dogs plus fosters is a motherload! lol

I was actually checking out your sites. I'd love to learn more about your Delta Pit Bulls. :)

9. Attila

Attila Guest

Sure shoot Artie an email he will answer it. He is a good ole feller. You can call him too but you have to tell him to turn the tv down or you will be yelling back and forth. lol

It has over 4,000 members and is based on a bunch of ole hog eaters that used them as catch dogs however the showing and other competitive activities are picking up as well. Soon to be weight pulls.And if all goes well I will take it over when. Ah I don't want to talk about when.

10. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

How have they done the intros so far? I found it's best with dogs who are questionable to have them around each other, but always have one crated so they get used to each other but don't have to make contact, for a LONG time. We did this for almost 3 months with my Wally and my old roommate's DA Rottie (learned DA due to being attacked by another dog and having two blown cruciates). Well when we finally let them meet face to face there were a few tense seconds, and then everything has been perfection since. Other that the Rottie's sister, Wally is the only dog he can be around. All because of an extremely SLOW intro.

Just a suggestion, but no matter what happens I know you'll be a back up for her. She's so pretty.

11. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

That's exactly how I go about incorporating new dogs into the pack and it works really well. Crate and rotating. Leash walk bys. Weeks of desensitisation. It's a very slow, gradual process with most dogs. I've tried my best to explain this method but they've sent pictures of them together so obviously they didn't understand the concept of SLOW, controlled introductions. We're going to have a chit chat with them and go over it again, get them to back up in what they are doing and start from scratch. I think the reaction from their male sort of surprised them as he is normally really friendly with dogs but these are other people's dogs. He has some pretty major issues that they have worked through him on so hopefully they will be open to backing up and starting over.