1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

List of good Patterdale blood.

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by laapbt, Sep 11, 2010.

1. laapbt

laapbt Pup

I am new to the world of Patterdale Terriers. I see people talk about Nuttal and Booth dogs. Are these the top hunting dogs of the breed? Could someone post their site or PM them to me. I have to get me one of these little working dogs and see what all the fuss is about.

2. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

what do u want it for

3. laapbt

laapbt Pup

There are lots of critters to hunt where I'm from. I just want to read up on the breed and find a few kennels to research so I don't get disappointed on opening day.

4. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Do a search on David Mason patterdales, just about every working patterdale in the USA has his name in the pedigree. I know david personally, he's a real good guy.

5. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

u know whats the best method. Find those who hunt with jack russel terrier or other working terrier types. Go with them couple of times if possible, and thats ur real life BOOK haha. And if they let u hunt with them in future then u lucky and then u have a lot of properties to hunt on. If not, then go out and get some permissions from farm owners, and start investing on a 4x4 car. When all that done then get the terriers. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES LMAO

6. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

there is a thread called david mason on the hunting life. From the responds that people gave regarding his dogs, I wouldnt get one from him. If u want seriour diggin dog then deadgame is the way.

7. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I've never seen a David Mason dog working. In "Hunting Life" many men disparage many breeders. It's not easy to find out who is telling the truth.
    There are different dogs for different quarry in different territories with different working-style.
    The only way to know if you like a dog or not, is to see them working.

8. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

hunting life is full of bitches n trolls :eek:

9. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

cant argue that haha

10. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

11. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

MTC, Mason is what Colby is to bulldogs, the original Colby dogs. Very established and has best dogs that came here in the begining. His dogs are affordable and very well respected. Best thing I can say is hook with PTCA club and go to their trials and ask everyone. Most people at those earth dog style trials are really hunting their stock and they will say who is one of the top around. There is other good people in these dogs as well. Hammonds dogs have been great as well, we have some now and then with us, overall a pleasant experience with his dogs. Some have been great hunters and producers, some have been good, and some have been not so hot. But overall very impressed with them. I am no expert but I have spent time around these off and on for the last couple of years and own a nice Hammond patty as well, most of the stock we have goes back to gould lines with a bit of mason. Mason is a straight up man, and a pleasure to talk and by far, he pointed out good and bad to his line, and I think that says a lot about him, I heard the dogs off of earnie are producers and hunters alike (some of the best ever).

12. darlo

darlo Banned

totaly agree the only way is to go out with their terriers an watch the dogs work
    you wont need to know the lines its from ,just watch them do their job
    i was lucky
    i went out an seen the lads dogs working
    atb

13. redbill

redbill Big Dog

if i was looking to get back into terriers there would be one line and one line only that i would go for and that would be terriers from J. PARK. bred the way the say and do what they were bred for.

14. darlo

darlo Banned

if hes gettin on and a keeper from yorkshire
    ive met him :D he knows gary with "jake" the chocolate drop dog very well ;)