1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lines with natural wind?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by redcal, Dec 22, 2012.

1. redcal

redcal Pup

Anyone know by experience what lines are consistant for natural wind? Thx in advance...

2. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Well it may seem biased but its true...Chinaman dogs due well in that aspect. To me they tend to be a total package. I'm not saying all are because everyline has bad. Redboy lines ive seen do well also. I've had alot of luck with OFRN stuff crossed in to. Bolio is another route I've crossed and had success with. To me smart dogs are just as good as natural wind in my opinion because a smart dog knows when to put it on idle or rest when it sees the opportunity. Every dog runs out of steam at some point ..that's where smarts/drive and game come in. I've only ran Eli ..Chinaman ..OFRN ..Bolio...And Red devil stuff. I'm sure alot of the folks that have ran more or different stuff could help you even more as I'm not fit to call it on other lines I have no experience with personally.

3. redcal

redcal Pup

Thanks for the reply kimo615...i heard the same thing about the chinaman and bolio lines,just wanted to hear by experienced dogmen. You have a good point about smart dogs and knowing how to pace themselves. It seems like u have run the lines im working with(redboyxreddevil),Sorry i dont know how to post peds. U said u had success with the ofrn/bolio cross, how did they compare to the other cross(chinaman,eli,etc.) Thanks again for your response sir.

4. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Well...my crosses that I have experience with are.... Eli /Carver/Reddevil. Eli/Carver/OFRN. Eli/Reddevil and Eli/OFRN. Chinaman/Gator ( Hammonds). Chinaman/Little Gator (Spike). Although the Chinaman/Bolio cross was basically just taking it back to some heavy Bolio blood because there was already Bolio in the ped down from Frisco. And as you mention...Bolio/Ofrn. The Bolio/Ofrn cross had tremendous amounts of wind...huge prey drive..and game game game lol. Average mouth though. Very intelligent dogs to...I've come to find true Ofrn dogs...like Hemphill and Wilder dogs are very smart. Damn things climb trees to get what they want if they have to lol. The Red devil dogs where not the brightest...late bloomers for me but where very game. Kinda bulky for my taste so didn't have as much wind. The Eli/Carver/Ofrn dogs where super smart and very game. Average amouts of wind with above average bite and good drive. Alot of the Ofrn stuff is very driven. Determined little hounds but lack consistant hard mouths in my opinion. But i have seen some with mouth though. Out of all the dogs I've owned/bred or crosses. Chinaman dogs have possessed it all. And like I said...if Frisco is present...there's Bolio blood there. How much is based on your ped of course. Chinaman crossed with little Gator blood from Spike or Hammond's Gator line are very intense hard mouth game dogs. The wind in my case was through Chinaman and was abundant. Hammond's was a bit less on wind rather than the little Gator off Spike due to Hammond's tends to through bigger dogs. I am no expert by any means...can only speak of what I have dealings with first hand. I could stand corrected ...but those are the cards I been handed. To me...true Ofrn can add to alot of lines in a few aspects. Just depends on what your missing already and what source you want to get it from to add to what you got. If it ain't broke...dont fix it though lol.

5. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

I have a RBJ boy that never tires out. In comparison to my mayday/frisco male that's a little on the big side who gets gassed a lot faster.

6. JMC01

JMC01 Pup

Rare to get proper OFRN stuff. Where did you get yours from ?

7. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Yes RBJ dogs do have some lungs on them. I had a partner tat was into RBJ dogs...They did well for him. Made great Catch dogs to. Game little dogs indeed. He did a Gator/Redboy Cross and that thing was a beast. It was about a 50-55 pound dog but man...That thing didnt know quit and was game to the core. Carried over alot of that wind from the RB dog to. Stars kinds lined up for that dog. That thing got lose onetime...he lived down the rd in the country from me. Pople use to call it dog town because so many people would carry dogs out there and drop them off. It was nothing to see 5-10 big ass dogs just hanging around walking down the road together. But that Gator/RB dog got loose for about 3 days onetime...And for a very long time we didnt see a single dog anywhere after he came back home. I dunno what happened. He was scared up when he wondered home. But he was for real no doubt. I think he cleaned house up there lol.

8. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

I have to second that OFRN are great animals how ever they can't hold up on their own they absolutely need to be crossed I have some beast OFRN X ELI hounds that are work horse and they ant even fully mature yet super pleased with them

9. redcal

redcal Pup

Thanks for sharing guys. Good info everyone.
    @kimo615...youv been a big help.thanks buddy!

10. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Yea man! No problem at all. Hope you have success.

11. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

I'd love to know more of your thoughts, and experience with the Hammonds' "Gator" dogs or just the dogs from Gary in general...please do share, lol. I'm all ears.

12. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Peon...if its meant to be a argument as usual i am not interested. However, If its not id be more than happy to talk. I have had two Gator dogs in my 15 years of being involved with the breed. One was a little stocky black bitch back in the early 2000 crossed with some Redboy. The other is a male thats more recent off of TGs yard that was crossed with Frisco/Chinaman stuff. All down from Plumbers Alligator. I have not bought a pup directly from Hammonds. Nor have i had a pure Alligator dog. Id like to as i think he has some great dogs. I have a source of my own up here in TN that has a nice small yard with Hammonds/Plumbers stuff on it...aswell as Batendorf. Some crossed...some pure. Thats where i got my first bitch back in 2000. I sold her to aguy in Nahville that does some hog hunting as she was just to shy and non trusting for me toward humans. She was very game...as a matter of fact the day i brought her home she took hold on my neighbors Doberman on my back deck without a warning. Came out of nowhere like i ninja on his ass lol. I was able to break it up...then i proceeded to clean the poop up off of my deck where she scared the shit out of him lol. As far as my opinion...i cannot call it on a dog straight from Mr Hammonds as ive not owned one myself. Just crossess. Now the guy i know in Tn...He has some nice ones as i said..Hard mouth intense dogs with average to moderate wind. Most are very game little dogs with lots of drive. Ranging 35 to 65 pounds. Every now and then he spits out a beast. But even the big boys are good dogs. Just a tad big for my personal taste. Do you have Hammonds dogs by chance? Straight from him?

13. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

I've got some of his influence in my animals without a doubt....nothing straight off his yard, but ones I am very proud to care for. How were the 2 you had bred up exactly? Most of the other stuff you said I won't address as it makes no sense to me or doesn't apply....not looking to argue just discuss.

14. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

As far as the other stuff I had...the Ofrn/Eli cross...and the Reddevil/Eli cross goes...those were my first two dogs I bought 15 years ago. They actually turned out to be great dogs. Eli added some mouth to the Ofrn. They where high in game and drive. I use to take them hogging. I bred them 3 times and ran a line like that for a bit. Turned out to be some intense hog dogs and good confirmation dogs. Lord I can't remember the Names of Sires and Dams...I'd have to dig through my files to find them. That was 12 years ago lol. Like I said...the bitch was down from plumbers alligator...if I'm correct he was 4 or 5 Gen back in the ped. From that point on it was local breedings that took place through my buddy and his partners. The TG breeding is the most recent...I'm a Co owner of that pup. My cousin has him now. He shows promise but just a pup. The little black bitch was intense. She turned out to be a hell of a catch dog as I stayed intouch with the guy I sold her to. He was happy with her...I know he even bred her a time or two to build him a line of catch dogs. She was about 45-50 pounds herself. Real short and broad. Wasn't much on confirmation but had prey drive for sure. The Redboy stock she came out of was local to. That guy wanted her back when he heard what she did at my house...he sold her to me cuz she was so timid. He was wanting to match her but I decided not to sell her to him because I'd rather her catch hogs and that guy was a scum bag and shady anyway. I'll see if my cousin posted a ped online of the TG pup so I can paste it on here for you.

15. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Don't trouble yourself it's not important.

16. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

He hasnt posted a ped online...But heres the exact ped.
    Garner's "Haystack" Garner's "Biscuit" Garner's "Simba" Garner's "Frisco"Garner's "Chinarose"Dewitt's "Arease" Hammond's "Hailstone"Lundberg's "T.K."Garner's & Suk's "Miss Mouth"Suk's "Mr Mouth" Garner's "Simba" Suk's "Angel Heart"Garner's "Friskita" Garner's "Frisco"Garner's "Gilda"Garner's "Edie" Garner's "Haystack" Garner's "Biscuit" Garner's "Simba"Dewitt's "Arease"Garner's & Suk's "Miss Mouth"Suk's "Mr Mouth" Garner's "Friskita"Garner's "Edith"Garner's "Simba" Garner's "Frisco" Garner's "Chinarose"BDB's "Super Rat"BDB's "Clyde" BDB's "Muskrat"

17. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Well shit...That didnt post like i thought it was going to lol. But thats his ped...Pups out of Haystack and Edith.

18. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

19. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Right on brother! I appreciate that! lol.

20. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

No problem, the other way was a long read.