1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kibble company Lashes out @ meat diets!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Lipcurl, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Lipcurl

Lipcurl Big Dog

2. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

Its quite laughable how they are trying to put people off of the BARF diet. My dogs eat a completely natural/holistic raw food diet, they have a balance of everything Purina have suggested dogs would have in the wild, so what makes them think people are just giving their dogs Raw meat alone. I think they are most definitely feeling the pinch, the sad thing is theres some people that will believe that kibble is better than raw.

3. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

what your failing to realise is that purina is in compitition with such other companies, like hills science diet, eukanuba, royal canin and numerous other companies that are spending millions of dollars on research because some people like the sound of a marketing ploy that promotes a food that cancels the need to feed anything else. they promote thre fact that you can feed your dog nothing but these dry foods and your dog can get a longer life, smaller stools, a better coat, better teeth ect ect ect.
    these brands are aimed at the time poor person with a bit of cash that wants an easy option, but still a healthy pet. and the same people they are aiming at tend to feed a can of watered down meat and the scraps from the dinner table with a bit of cheap dry food here and there. big sell point is the smaller stools as lazy people hate spending time cleaning up sloppy poos!

we all know the truth at the end of the day but we are really at the other end of their spectrum.
    i use what is classed as a "super premium" brand of food but i use it as part of a balanced diet that also contains raw meat and veggies.