1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kentucky house bill 154 victory- thanks to all that helped

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dwd58, Mar 28, 2015.

1. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

House bill 154 has finally died in the senate after a major fight that saw the bill revived 3 times and pushed hard by every major animal welfare system in the country. You know who I am talking about, the people that "rescue" pit bulls and then have them put to sleep. Thanks to everyone who made the calls and sent the cards and letters, the bill has died in the senate . It was billed as a tougher dog fighting law, but it was a bill to give a felony to anyone that was convicted of 4 legged animal vs. 4 legged animal confrontation. The was the bill was written, if your dog caught a rabbit in the yard, and your PETA neighbor turned you in, you could have been facing a felony in Kentucky.
    The weird reason it was billed as 4 legged animal, is that the animal rights people were behind a major chicken fighting bust in Kentucky and the arena and grounds were owned by a state rep. family. They put pressure on the representative to introduce this bill and in return, they would go easy on his relatives. In his wisdom of writing up this bill, he used the term 4 legged vs 4 legged so the chicken fighting crowd wouldn't be affected.

2. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

They have already been posting on the net that they are going to push harder next year to pass this same bill in Kentucky and other states as well. These are the same people that want to abolish all types of hunting and guns. Their main method is to go after small segments of sportsmen and divide and conquer . We won this small battle, but other battles are coming and our rights as dog owners and sportsmen are being taken away each year. I don't know what the answer is, but we must continue to fight.

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...ya'll have to stay on your toe's...over there...don't take your eyes off these type of huggers....these people have not much else going on in their lifes,that they have to stick their oar in your bussiness....so be alert....

4. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I am glad the bill died.

5. david63

david63 CH Dog

IT sounds like the Humane Society has their work cut out for next year. I'm glad the Bill died too.