1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennel crapers

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by BLUE8BULL, Feb 21, 2014.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

OVER THE YEARS,I HAVE COME ACROSS THE ODD ONE,A NIGHT-MARE...CONSTANT LAZY F"$%ER,WHO KEEP'S "CRAPING/PEEING", IN HIS/HER KENNEL...NO MATTER WAT YA DO...I HAVE TRIED A SMALLER BOX WITH SOME RESULTS.....BUT ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM OLD+NEW WELLCOME....???????????????????:dogkiss:

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

You mentioned what I'd do first and that's try a smaller house/box. It's always worked for me, especially with female dogs as they seem to be more clean and not want to lay in their mess. Good luck.

3. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Get one small enough so the dog can barely sit down and take em on more frequent walks and for longer

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...this guy is out everyday.....i think he jus do's it to piss me off...lol...cleaned out the kennel other-day brought out for an hour he emptyed/etc...next morning ???...you guessed it ...a big brown eel...in the front off the kennel...smaller kennel comeing 2-morrow so that should help....as some get older i notice over the year's they just stop doing it....but i have a feeling that this guy is a lazy mutt..he put's his ass out the front off the box and crap's right out-side the box...sometimes..??????????

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

LOL Thats funny if he does!

6. Lrs

Lrs Big Dog

Same here the little bugger will crap in the kennel then bark non stop until I clean it up

7. pookie!

pookie! Top Dog

Dealing with that right now. Got a little bitch here who does it out of spite. She will force shit and piss out just to watch you clean it up. AND you cant even "punish" her by sitting her outside in the kennel and making her sit in it, SHE LETS HERSELF OUT OF THE KENNEL!

She is very intelligent though and I know that has a lot to do with it, so much going on inside that little head of hers
    [​IMG]

8. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

How much is this dog in his crate (that's not a kennel - that's a crate, a shipping crate) typically each day?

Is he one of those dogs that goes into a true panic or is anxious in a crate? Some just ARE (some kind of claustrophobia maybe?) and they aren't going to get any better...

Again, I don't know how much your dog is in the crate, but if it's a general living situation, that is not good.

9. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

He's not lazy. He's going to great lengths to try to keep his tiny area clean. He's a good boy. Sounds like he's desperate and for whatever reason, he just can't hold it. Some dogs "go" more than others.

10. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

If you want you can try what I do. See how long he takes to do a crap after a meal. I'm guessing about 8 or 9 hours? Try taking him out for a walk/run/bicycle ride around the time you expect him to drop his eel but a little earlier by half an hour. Then if he does it outside you can give him something good like a toy or a game he really likes or a piece of freeze dried beef liver. How you reward will depend on if your dog is food driven or ball driven.

11. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

All of mine want to relieve themselves within 15 to 20 minutes of eating, some sooner. (I think food entering the stomach gets everything moving!). So, if I know the dog is going to be crated, I plan on feeding and being able to leave the dog OUT for about an hour.

12. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Yeah most dogs do that you're right. Mine nearly always empty themselves an hour or 2 hours before the next meal. Then while they're empty I exercise them, then feed them within 20-30 minutes after exercise is complete. I find a walk or bicycle ride helps them to empty themselves.

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...the real reason is the kennel is to big for him....he dont like putting his ass out-side if it's raining or to cold....which is in a big run..where he can and do's crap....

14. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

If he's messing his crate during the night, you might try getting up once during the night and let him out.
    The more he DOES mess his crate, the more he's learning to do that.

Dogs don't really like to dirty themselves. That's why he's trying to place it outside the crate! All night in the crate could be too long for that dog.

Also, if you ARE feeding at night, try moving the feeding time.

I don't know how long during the day this dog is typically confined. 8 to 10 and 12 hours a day is common with some people and in my opinion is way too much and will end up causing problems.

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

THE DOG IS A KENNEL RUN(CLEANED EVERY MORNING)...IE:A KENNEL WITH-IN AN 10x6 AREA.....W.T.F. YA WANT ME TO GET UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND WIPE HIS ASS...LOL...LOL...HE HAS A 10x6 AREA TO CRAP IN,BUT HE STILL CHOSE TO DO IT IN HIS BOX..WHICH I THINK HE ONLY DO'S WHEN RAINING...I DON'T/NEVER KEEP/KEPT,A DOG IN A CRATE(EXCEPT WHEN TRANSPORTING)...................

16. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

OKAY!

I 'm just all confused with the names/terms you were using.....LOL!
    People often call a "crate" a "kennel".....

I thought the dog was indoors, etc

I'll have to read more carefully next time!

17. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

He probably DOESN'T like the rain; and, 10' x 6' IS quite confining -- he may think whereEVER he poops is too close!

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...think the smaller kennel will work,he was lost in the other one,could have fitting 10 dogs his size in the big one,him been quite small,,,,,see how it go's,,he has a-lot of growing to do,so he could grow out of it as-well here's hopeing............................

19. Staub

Staub Big Dog

lol I was confused at first too BLUE8BULL, this is an odd behavior, though I've seen dogs do it and grow out of it, keep us posted I'm very interested to see if you get it worked out. Good luck!