1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

K9 Advantix Vs. Frontline Plus

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by PitbullChick13, May 15, 2014.

1. Which would you rather use? Which Works better I think K9 Advantix my mom says frontline Im curious to see everyone elses opinions

2. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

I use Trifexis, it's a combo of their heartworm preventative, kills and protects against fleas/ticks, it also treats and protects against hookworm, roundworm and whipworm infections. Neither K9 advantix nor Frontline protect against heartworms/hook or round worms. Since your dog is an outside dog, you may want to look into switching to trifexis. Or at least make sure you give some kind of heartworm preventative. Keep in mind Trifexis is through a prescription only so you'll need to visit a vet.

3. my dog isn't an outside dog she is an inside dog, we only put her outside for play and in the kennel for a few hours of the day if we have to leave the house or something she used to be an outside dog but we switched her to indoor dog,

4. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

oh ok, well regardless heartworm preventative is a must. The Trifexis just makes all packaged together in an oral tablet given once monthly. But you can read about it online, i believe you can find some comparisons. I've always used Trifexis since it became available and i've never had any issues.

5. The vet my dog goes to doesn't sell trifexis we asked one time because we used to use it then my mom wanted to change vets to one that does Free office calls and only charges for medication and tests, What is your opinion on heartguard they have that 6 month supply for $40

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Pet Armor is a throw off of frontline and it beats the brakes off Frontline as far as fleas...I don't have ticks hardly so can't say how it works on ticks.

7. we got frontline because we can use our pet credit card at the vet office, we get 1 tube per dog for 20 each

8. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

I love the trifexis, except my oldest developed an allergy to it.
    All my dogs wear a tick collar in addition as the ticks here are crazy.

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

k9 advantix if theres no cats in the house.. if you have cats go frontline...

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Frontline doesn't work where I live as far fleas..Big waste of money that stuff is.I don't know what part of the country you live in but if u have fleas don't waste your money on frontline.

11. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Advantix II is outselling everything where I work.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

Advantix II Beat the brakes off frontline hands down.

13. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Also, if you are using Trifexis I used to get the 110Lbs+ pill cost the same as the other Lbs increments where I live. This way you can use 1 tablet for up to 3 dogs or 2 at least and save some $$.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Vicki I don't know why vets continue to promote Frontline .The vet down the road from me is guilty of this also. Truth is the shit is useless ! and expensive also.Until they change some ingredients it will remain useless ! Their is far better products out there at a cheaper price that works.

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Frontline & frontline plus are different. But honestly, my dogs dont have fleas & I dont use flea control. Im guessing cuz I keep up with yard maintanence....

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Laced its just where u live man..Has little to do with it.fleas thrive where I live and my yard gets sprayed 4 times a year...every inch.I keep it under control and keep them off then dogs but their still there .

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Its all about location. One yard is terrible in summer with fleas, another 38 miles away has no problem with fleas

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Oh yeah and frontline and frontline plus sucks .

19. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I've never saw a flea here on the yard but I surely use preventative measures to keep them away, yard and dogs both. I don't use either of these products so I have no vote this topic.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't have no problems treeez but where I live u for sure have to stay on top of it...and see my dogs go in the woods from time to time so I have to use something on them..Pet Armor has worked good for me.