1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

just wondering????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by justin h, Dec 14, 2008.

1. justin h

justin h Pup

I'm not sure were to put this do to the fact that i am new here but i just wanted to know if there are (any) respectable kennels here in Washington state that deal with true
    bulldog's???(pitbull's).
    what i mean by that is that i am not into these 75-110lb
    dog's they call pitbull's!
    i know i know, different stroke's for different folk's but i'm just into what i guess you would say the traditional
    size and stature of the APBT.
    sorry if i offended any one but it's just a question.
    thank's justin

2. justin h

justin h Pup

lol ooooookkkkaaay i guess it's true! washington state does
    suck's ass when it come's to game bred apbt.
    well except one kennel i know of anyhow it's most likely
    cuz all starbucks tree hugger's!
    yall have a good day!:D

3. dipsetCLK

dipsetCLK Pup

hey whats good man, welcome to the boards. I am new to the forums too but two things you need to know...the search function is key..because chances are if you have a question or topic..it has been discussed before.. and also a little bit of patience. Some newbs(i never thought id use that word ever) come on here trolling around just picking fights so be aware. otherwise..there are solid people here willing to help out...

as far as washington state goes..not sure off hand who is out there but I'm sure if you do more hw something may come up..again, maybe not as local as you like but there is good stuff in the northwest last i heard...also you gotta understand everyday more and more scrutiny/witchunting is occuring, so doggers are more inclined to "keep the circle tight" so not everyone is gonna just chime in and "advertise" so to speak..you're on the right path. take care.

4. justin h

justin h Pup

very true! i'm sure as hell not on here to pick a fight.
    to tell you the truth i have been out of the dog world for a while now because of all the B.S.
    where i live it's nothing but a bunch of tree hugger's that think that all bulldog's are man eater's.
    i was hopeing that thing's would have gotten better but the more
    i read the more i see thing's just got worse!
    it's a damn shame.
    best of luck to everyone.

5. dipsetCLK

dipsetCLK Pup

yeah I think thats the way it is for a majority of apbt owners...its us against the world haha..they may think that all bulldogs are man eaters, obviously they're not but guess what its not your job to try and convince them otherwise. Its on them to educate themselves..I;ve learned that we as owners have to take the non-confrontational approach regardless of how friendly or how we want to be seen by the masses...an example..I still cross the street when I see another dog&owner coming down the block...not b/c of how the dogs are reacting to eachother but just from how I see the other dog owners body language change...I see them tense up and start clutching the leash like its no tomorrow...I just wave and keep it moving..these people dont realize that they transfer all that negative/nervous energy onto their dogs...when all the dogs are doing is trying to say what up to eachother haha

6. justin h

justin h Pup

LMAO very well put. i once had a pup some year's ago when she was only 9 or so week's old and this lady(bitch) seen her and was like aawww how cute! how old bla bla bla and then she asked whats kinda dog it was and when i told her she acted like she was gonna get her face chewed off..
    i swear i never wanted to smack a woman so bad in my life!:mad:

7. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

If your really interested in aquiring a dog that is more to your style I would suggest finding and attending a ADBA or AADR dog show in your area. I understand the west coast has more dogs on the larger side but you will find what your looking for at a sanctioned event so I highly reccomend finding shows from either of those 2 registries in your area.

8. justin h

justin h Pup

i have been to a few show's out here but they are UKC witch is fine but i'm not into pulling all that much.