1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

JUst wonderin

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Linz216, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

I was just wondering what ever happened with the mom and all the pups that needed rescued and I also wanted to know what ever happened to that pup Spencer who was going to get put down. I heard that the amount of signatures on the petition was met and wanted to know if the dog was saved. Thanks!!

2. Attila

Attila Guest

Now that is a cute puppy. The mom and her pups got put in a safe house in KY I had a friend in Ky check it out and he confermed that the dogs were safe and not to be harmed or put down. I was prepaired to have him get them form me if not and I would have driven there. If you go to the "sign this" thread you see where they sent that dog to. It was like Iowa or something like that. And that the mayer had to change his number and email address from the flooding in of messages. I think that is great. We should hit all them polititions like that.

3. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

Thats great!!! If only we could take down the BSL like that. My petition isnt doing too great but it has about 182 signatures i think. Its a start and I hope more people keep signing it. Im happy for all the dogs that do get saved. Cant save em all but it sure makes a difference to the ones we do save.

4. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

5. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

thanks. any ideas how i can get my petition signed faster????

6. organize a group and go door to door. The more people the better. Be nice polite and completely explain what is going on and what you are trying to stop and why. most people hear pit bull and they say no. It,ll help if you have a puppy in the car with you when you are getting signitures and if they are a steriotype from not knowing the breeding and beliving the media hype you could probally change that with the puppy. I have done it many times. It also helps to be a sales person. Next send a copy of your petition to every vet around. Most vets will allow these petitions. Next buisness owners convince them to have a copy of the petition to sign. These are a few of our tactics of politics. ALSO CHILDREN if you have chilrden going door to door with a petition most likely they will sign the petition.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

I signed yours. I think the one like the write up on Spenser was great. Like I told you before we have to leave off the offensive stuff like bull shit laws to be taken seriously. Maybe use a similar format like the Spenser on or get some one well versed to write it for you. I would suggest Suki or 14Rock he does have a way with words and has proven to match me in wit. I like that young feller. I thought I wouldn't but he proved me wrong on my first impression not many can do that with me. A Suki is the beautiful Goddess knowledge. We must be positive and show our intellect and choose words that only emplify our dogs and hold them high so that they shine for the glorious dogs they are and how emportant they have been in American history. And for sure put out how good this dogs can be with adults and children alike.I have taken my dogs to my friend day care and the parents love my dogs and so do the kids I have not once had any one come up to me and say a negative word I am sure they say something to the person next to them and get set strait. Heck three of the parents were in the Army with me as was the owner. Good Christian man I love him to death. Well I kinda have to he saved mine on the battle field when I took a few rounds. I am indebted to him for my life. Damn glad he was my friend and still is.

8. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate everyones help and input. now how might i find Suki????

9. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

nevermind, members list. got it

10. Suki

Suki Guest

Here is what happened to Spencer:

http://dogpolitics.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/06/spencer_saved_b.html

June 17, 2006

Spencer Saved! Breed Specific Policy To Stay, Mayor Declares

Spencer Saved - But Breed Specific Policy To Stay, Declares Mayor Of Mobile

[​IMG]

The Good News

Spencer will live! Best Friends Animal Society in Utah stepped forward with an offer to take Spencer - a deal which saves his life and allows the City Of Mobile to save face under the glare of public scrutiny over the city's breed-specific policy of killing unclaimed pitbulls at the shelter.

p.s. don't deserve the compliments, but, tx!:o