1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

just curious

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by quinny, Jan 18, 2010.

1. quinny

quinny Big Dog

how much does the avg bulldog pup weigh at 10 wks?

2. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Dam at 10 weeks not sure but id guess around 5-10 pounds but that is a guess.

3. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

wtf!!...are u kidding me man!!!....u should kno that by just picking him up...wow!!

4. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

lol wait wait you should know how much a pup weighs by just pickin him up lol da hands like a scale huh i mean im a pretty good judge of weight on full grown dogs but never tried that with pups.

5. quinny

quinny Big Dog

no im not kidding you MAN! I know how much my dog weighs thanks mate (i do have hands ad scales) Pffft If you read it properly you'd notice i want to hear the avg weight of other ppls dogs! GEEZ

6. quinny

quinny Big Dog

how much did ur pups weigh at around 10 wks??

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I remember weighing my pup somewhere between 10-14weeks and he was 9lbs. idk, weird question though. They weigh what they weigh.

8. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

right....why would i care about his weight when hes that young unless he has something wrong with him....if hes showing bones and stuff u might need to get him checced out...other than that he should be good

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

get over it dude its just a question. look around people ask dumber questions than that on here.

Quinny, every dog is different, some bigger line dogs will boost strait up and some will be slow, same goes for smaller dogs too. just make sure its feed is up to standard and get him vet checked often enough if you dont feel experienced enough to tell. good time to be getting to know your vet too shows em that you care about the dog.

why do you ask, just curiosity or are you a bit concerned about its progress?

and you need to take alot of things into account, like size when you got him, was he the strongest looking dog of the litter or was it the runt? was he well looked after by the breeders or did he stack it all on when you got him?
    has his overal nature made any difference lately[ something to think about if you are worried about something] and is his food intake still steady or rising rapidly with no size being put on?
    on average as rangy as these dogs are id say a good size could be from anywhere from 8 to ten pounds depending on the body type of the pup and what size its parents were.
    as you can see there are alot of variables.

10. quinny

quinny Big Dog

thanks heaps junkyard! I didnt think it was the dumbest question either. Na nothings wrong just curious as he looks pretty leggy an he weighs 7kg at 10wks. His mum was tall and lean but dad was tall and built so i guess he could go either way. I thought he was a kg or 2 heavy!? Dunno though. He looks really good though, Ive been feeding raw snce 7wks and the difference shows (missus prefers the raw poo's hahaha):)

11. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

mate 7kgs is good , i wouldnt be overly worried about a fat little pup at that age anyway unless its obese as hell! i keep some fat on em until six month and even then depending on the progress keep walking and playing with him until he is tuckered out, but let him be a pup for now. all pups grow differently and you dont know when they are gonna have a growth spurt.

sounds like he is coming along good tho.
    i prefer to feed em a blend of dry and raw and as the dog is older i nearly feed exclusivly dry, when i do feed raw[twice a week or four times a week blended with dry when conditioning] i feed raw that is very high in protein and omega oils like emu or venison.
    take into account that pups have very sensitive stomachs and you should only ever wean them slowy onto something new with a blend of what you are feeding to not upset the stomach to much.

good luck, look forward to seeing some pics.

12. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Yeh i feed him a small handful of purina puppy kibble with it just cos thas what he was used to in the begining. Nah hes far from obese or even fat he just seems to be bloody heavy for the size of him. Hes super active just loves to tug, chew and chase! Ill do my best to get pics up here. If not theres a few in my avetar thing. Hows things up yur way goin mate?
    [​IMG]

13. quinny

quinny Big Dog

14. quinny

quinny Big Dog

woops anyone know how to post smaller pics?

15. ganja

ganja Big Dog

mine weighs in at 9.1 kg (20 lbs) at 4 months old...
    he was around 6-7 kg (between 13 and 15.5 lbs) when I got him at 2 months...
    hope this helps ;)

every pup passes that leggy stage... :D

16. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Thats a nice looking pup you got there.

17. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Thanks erie outlawz, yeh i reckon he looks a gem! I probably should have worded the thread better because i think people were thinking he was sick.es dfinetely not sick i just thought he was pretty heavy for his little package! Thanks too ganja that sounds about right on the money i might check out some pics of your pup.