1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

July 4th NKC show!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by OldFortKennels, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Wow this was a long weekend!!! Just got home from the show and finally unloaded. We had a great time this weekend seeing all the friends and pulling and showing. We had a ton of dogs at this show as well. Well over 80 dogs at this event pulling.
    Rebel and Bailey both showed in the Champions class. This was Rebel's first time in the champions class and they both did what they were supposed to do!
    Rebel weighed in at a heavy 58lbs, ( Im going to have to start working them) but still managed to take a first place in his weight group. He went on and took the Body Pound Trophy for 55lbs and over again. He pulled 7766lbs,
    133x his body weight!
    [​IMG]
    Bailey was not to be outdone and at 45lbs she too took first place in her weight class and also the Body Pound Trophy for 54lbs and under!. She pulled at 45lbs, 5733lbs, 127x her body weight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Switch is still in the regular class and pulled very well also. He weighed in at 57lbs and pulled 5733lbs, 100x his body weight to take a well deserved Second in his weight class. There were 12 dogs in his class and Piston, his arch nemesis pulled fantastic!. Switch pulled as best as he could and part of it was my fault. I trimmed his nails to low and he kept slipping. I dont know that it would have mattered at this show though because Piston was ON!!!
    I only showed Rebel in conformation in best blue nose and he won that one! He Ch out at the last show so he is retired now,LOL. I didnt show Switch this time as he really is not in the shape he needs to be and he doesnt need anymore points, he needs a major and he wasnt going to get that today. That is my fault, not his!
    So 2 first places
    2 Body pounds
    1 second
    1 Best Blue Nose!

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

congrats!
    you guys headed to vsba show this weekend?

3. ...congrats and 133x is nothing shabby!

I've been down to pikeville, TN once or twice.

Do you guys frequesnt the VSBA shows? I've probably saw you before (although I haven't been since March!)

4. We went to the last VSBA show, Switch took First and Rebel took 3rd, Bailey took 4th, We were thinking of going to the one this weekend but it was SO HOT at the last one I dont know if I want to put the dogs through it again.

5. Yall, know Anthony from up there? I may go up there this weekend, If I do yall make sure and stop me and say hey!

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Congratts Nice for one weekend

7. Congrats on the great weekend Andy!!!

8. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

133x bodyweight?????????? HOLY $HIT!

OLDFORT: I have a question. Does that rail system pull very easy? I guess, I am asking, do you think that has to do with your dogs pulling that much weight? I have pulled on rails (which as we know is easier than wheels) and only pulled about 40x our weight. The rail system was old and did not pull well. Have you been to other comps where it pulled hard?

Either way, you got some great pulling dogs there and keep the pics a comin'.

Andrew

9. Yeah that track was set up pretty level. Weight is really just a number, what you are pulling against is the resistance it creates. She can pull 133x her body weight at this show, and come back to the same track, but we set it up different with a slight hole shot and maybe only pull 50x her body weight. For example at the old ADBA NC track, she was lucky to break 2200lbs, that track was so stiff!!. However last year, Darren brought his dead level, six wheeled track and the weight pulled was nearly 6000lbs by the same dog. Shoot, Switch at 48lbs pulled 7513lbs ON THAT TRACK!! So weight is just a number, its all in the track.

Thanks for the comments on the dogs though!

10. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

OFK: I got ya. Boy, it sure would be nice to pull on those tracks that have 'less' resistance.

What do you mean by 'slight whole shot'?

You seem very knowledgeable about pulling and from looking at your website, it's apparent you've got youself some great dogs!

11. Again thanks for the comments. We are a pulling kennel but I still require my dogs to be true to standard. I want to pull with conformationally correct dogs. I will not compromise size and standard to get pullers. I want to take correct dogs and make pullers.

A "hole shot" is when you lower the track at the very begining an inch or two. The track will not be level but will get closer several feet out. It just means you will not have to load as much weight on the track because it is going to be harder to break out.

By the way, I love talking dogs and weight pulling so if you have any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them. If I dont know, I will find out!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008