1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Jeda is in BC!! PICTURE HEAVY

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by maryellen1, Nov 16, 2006.

1. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

here are some pics of Jeda first at Violets, with Katt, and Jcleve, then pics of Jeda at Zoe's house

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AT ZOE'S HOUSE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Attila

Attila Guest

Aw I hate those prong chokers. She looks so sad in that cage. I hope she ajust to her new friends. little Jeda got them scary scull things looking around the house. eek time to put the holloween stuff up. lol. It is almost turkey time. She is such a pretty little girl. Can't wait to see her smiling face again when she settles in.

3. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I agree..there is always an alternative to prong collars..otherwise, good luck with her.

4. Nice dog....you put the nails of the prong collar to the inside...at the throad thats really bad...your dog has short hair it will put damage on the skin...why you do this?

5. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

realone dog, that is the proper way to use a prong, with the prongs facing inward.. it doesnt hurt the dog, but applies an even pressure if the dog pulls..

6. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

LOL She does look totally geeked out doesn't she? It's the look on the face of most fosters after they go through meeting the whole crew. Sorta like "Holy crap! This girls got a lot of dogs. What have I gotten myself into?" lol She will settle in ok. They always do. Hopefully soon she will be comfortable enough to have some romps in the yard with my male to burn off some steam, otherwise, we will find what she likes and keep her stimulated. She was actually pretty at ease meeting everyone. Only one who got a subtle reaction with the German Shepard mix but she's only been around here a year and still has to master some of her "new dog skills". She definitely needed a good sleep. She's been through quite the crazy adventure the past few days after spending three years in a shelter. Most of the shelter dogs come in with some pretty harsh kennel crash for a few days, some even a couple weeks before they really loosen up and come out of their shells. I'll just let her go at her own pace and comfort level. And sorry Attila Magyar. She's gotta get used to the skulls. Halloween is everyday around here! lol

7. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

since jeda is a runner, the prong collar was an added safety collar that the rescuers used after a 6 hour plane flight, so that she couldnt slip out of her collar by accident.. she is now in a foster home inthe last few pics with no prong collar....when used correctly prongs are fine. choke collars cause more damage then a prong does

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I don't think she'll be needing a prong here. After walking my meat head male, she'll be like walking a flea! lol

9. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

i know zoe, i was just answering realone dog on that one... i cant wait for her to come out of her crashing shell shock.... she will realize she is in heaven at your house....

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I can't wait as well. This always seems like such a boring phase for them but really they are usually so overwhelmed with all the changes they are probably too busy watching all the interactions, slowly learning the ins and outs of the household to be bored. It's pretty wild to watch the changes they go through while they are here. By the time they leave, they seem like totally different dogs.

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'm so glad that this girl got out of jail finally. And best of all is that she has such a solid temperment that she stayed sane through the entire thing.

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Well.... unfortunately, the temperment things not as rock solid as we thought. She was fine until coming off the plane but has since then been showing some pretty strong territorial guarding issues around the homestead, enough that it has made her unadoptable. She is fine out and about, but not so much welcoming people into the home. I guess she never really considered the shelter her home :( so never felt the need to guard it, so the behaviour never showed itself there. But.... I have worked with dogs with such issues before and have had great luck, so as long as she continues to be rock solid with the family, looks like we have a new edition. :D

13. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Well good luck with her, I hope no other unpleasant surprises come out of the woodwork.

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Well, we are taking it real slow with her. Setting her up in safe, controlled situations with willing, dog savvy people, to see how she reacts to different stimuli so we know what we are working with, as well as seeing what methods work well to desensitise her. I'm pretty sure we can get her over this hump. A strong, confident pack leader does wonders. Time will tell.